I've bought it, now what is it?

EDITED.....OK, I've read everything on here......

First, I am always very honest when it comes to selling stuff, it was my intention when I started on here to be open (that's why I use my real name). I have a gold trader status and my eBay feedback is spotless. I have had countless deals with people on here with no problems and have refunded 2 people without a second thought when it was found out there was an issue that I'd not seen (despite thorough checking by myself). I've worked in retail long enough to know that honesty and accuracy are the best policy.

I will check the frame before sending it off for the alignment. As far as I know it is straight and true but I will check it to the best of my ability.

And no, it isn't as well made as an Explosif made with the same tubing or as light, that's why I asked half of what a decent Explosif frame would cost.

I offered it for sale on here and at the RB meets but with no takers. I was planning on building it up myself but I've been offered something else I need to save up for and I also think it's a bit big for me now I've measured it up.

I gave an honest description in the eBay ad with loads of pics.

As a gesture of goodwill I'll put a BB in it, and a pair of rigid forks that should fit (I'll have to check the steerer length on the ones I've got spare though)

If you want to contact me to discuss this (apart from the free bits mentioned above) I would appreciate that it is done via the eBay system as that is where the sale was made and any discussions need to be able to be seen by eBay in case any dispute is raised.

Thanks all.

Rob Atkin":qxkdel1r said:

First, I am always very honest...

If the buyer is already questioning the purchase, then it may just be in your best interests to have him request to cancel the sale and then agree to it thru eBay. Clean the slate and all. This whole thread has the making of bad feelings all the way around. :cry:

utahdog2003":1dy7rzsd said:
Rob Atkin":1dy7rzsd said:

First, I am always very honest...

If the buyer is already questioning the purchase, then it may just be in your best interests to have him request to cancel the sale and then agree to it thru eBay. Clean the slate and all. This whole thread has the making of bad feelings all the way around. :cry:

It's all being sorted out amicably, don't worry.

All xerxes wanted was for someone to identify the frame. Pretty soon people started to put in their two-pennorth, putting doubt in his mind about whether he'd been diddled somehow. Somehow or other RobAtkin worried that his integrity was being questioned, when in fact it appeared to be a perfectly straightforward transaction.

A good example of what can happen on forums if people don't think things through when they respond to threads.

gerryattrick":2ebiibqq said:
All xerxes wanted was for someone to identify the frame. Pretty soon people started to put in their two-pennorth, putting doubt in his mind about whether he'd been diddled somehow. Somehow or other RobAtkin worried that his integrity was being questioned, when in fact it appeared to be a perfectly straightforward transaction.

A good example of what can happen on forums if people don't think things through when they respond to threads.

Indeed. As long as they know each other and are in touch, then great. :D

gerryattrick":skmu37vg said:

But it seems when the frame was touted at the Leigh hill ride a question was raised over the alignment of the frame, That information was relayed after the frame had been sold, by someone with no interest either way, and while opinion based it was done objectively and honestly. That is something different i think to the comments regarding quality of the welds or construction.

If i bought a frame off ebay and a member on here had info or an opinion on that frame, i would prefer to hear it i think. I would like to think that a RB member would be looking our for other RB members also. but then i would also like to think that anyone here selling a frame on ebay which could potentially go to a RB member would be completely honest in their description.

i know Rob is a straight up and down guy on here though

So was the frame alignment out is what i want to know?

If there was a concern by a member then it would have been better to do it via pm to the buyer rather than opening it up to everyone.

gerryattrick":2e6y76xi said:
If there was a concern by a member then it would have been better to do it via pm to the buyer rather than opening it up to everyone.

quite happy to agree to disagree on that ;)

Frame is perfectly straight.

Measuring things carefully is always preferable to 5 seconds waving it around in a car park. ;-)

Pic doesn't show it very well as it was impossible to photograph while holding the tape measure....it looks like its out in the pic but it isn't, it's a persepctive thing and the tape is curved :roll:

bf1686a4.jpg

Back