I've bought it, now what is it?

You've paid what you considered to be a fair price for it. If it turns out to have an unusual alignment then you have redress through Ebay and Paypal to get your funds back and leave negative feedback as a warning to others.

If it's straight then you've got exactly what you paid for.

As for flipping stuff that you bought on here, that's an even more contentious subject than "what is retro" or "what is a mountain bike evolutionary dead end".

Probably an off-the-shelf far-Eastern frame but still high-end tubes and wouldn't have been cheap new.

That's what I thought, with the exception of a few that were actually built in the UK and US, a lot of frames were made in Taiwan for UK and US brands in the 90s, I know that Marin frames were. I also thought that if it's made from Tange Prestige, it can't be all that bad, you wouldn't use such an expensive tube set to build a lousy frame.

In any case, I guess I'll have to wait until it arrives, build it up and see how it rides. It'll be interesting to get it on the scales and see how it compares to my Marin frame as well. :D

******To be clear I meant no negative intentions regarding the seller - I was merely commenting on what I thought of the frame.******

Plenty heavy enough to not need to worry about rust.

Worth £85 ....... Not for me to say :eek:

If someone is willing to pay a certain price to secure an item on eBay then they shouldn't really be;

A: Questioning the value/validity/wisdom of their purchase on an open forum

or

B: Questioning the integrity of a respected member of said forum just because their purchase isn't everyones cup of tea... :?

FWIW I like the frame; if it was mine I'd take an angle grinder to the mounts on the rear drop outs, get it powder coated and do a contrasting build - say flouro' yellow frame with black components! :cool:

Or replicate the original look, which reminds me of a Rock Lobster...

Looking at that swatch in the link that's built with the disk rear.....I recon that's a shit hot looking bit of kit,

The cool thing about this frame IS THAT it's not everyone's cup of tea,

Different is good :)

For what it's worth, I've always found RobAtkin perfectly straight and honest to deal with...

He is pretty fastidious with his descriptions... As for the price differential, he was probably advertising with discount included to RB members!

Rob is a very carefull seller and woukd never intentially deceive anybody (why doesn't this phone have a decent spell check??).

Back