I wouldn't buy a electric car from

Re:

E-bike... Thats it, grab one before they're regulated off the roads

Some of the E-bikes look quite smart and/or practical, but if, like me, you have a full motorcycle licence, it's difficult to get past the fact that if you want something as a cheap runnabout for short-ish trips, you could pick up a used small engined motorcycle or scooter for less.

Walking past a mortorcyle shop the other day, I saw one of these in the window:

bullit-spirit-125-01.jpg

Brand new, £2,800.00 on the road. It's only a 125cc, so it's quite titchy; you would probably look a bit silly on it if you were a chunky 6 footer, but I thought it looked quite smart. I don't know how it stacks up in terms of durability or reliability, etc. but on the face of it you seem to get a lot for your money when compared to some E-bikes costing a similar amount, or more.

Re:

2800 is a hell of an ebike,
A Grand will get you a high end commuter and 600 quids will get you something that will get you to work.
If you're lucky to earn enough to qualify and have an employer that does cycle to work, you can take 'advantage' of that too.
Wants high end e-bike, you'll need that motorcycle license anyway, assuming you want more than 250W engine on it, but you'll have the insurance still but no VED to pay.

Or rent them off the council if your do that.

Re:

Yes but so are the engineless too.

You don't need a 'pretty'.
And the cheap are not exactly ugly, they do their job.

eshaanne":3g7ycsm3 said:
To be honest I don't know what I can say about Musk after this case, he always wants more and more and everything he is does, he does for himself and for his company. Moreover there is the case with Johnny Depp and Amber Heard in which Musk was involved and I am sure he played a very big role there.

:? Are you on drugs ???

dyna-ti":1kb0ka21 said:
eshaanne":1kb0ka21 said:
To be honest I don't know what I can say about Musk after this case, he always wants more and more and everything he is does, he does for himself and for his company. Moreover there is the case with Johnny Depp and Amber Heard in which Musk was involved and I am sure he played a very big role there.

:? Are you on drugs ???

:LOL: no, he is a spammer

Chopper1192":2d5h6m8f said:
I wouldn't either. A recent study discovered that the whole life, cradle to grave emissions of a Model S were higher than a BMW 750i.
To be honest I haven't got much of a view either way on this debate but reading through this thread the above statement on the first page did bring a wry smile.

You see I have a Tesla model 3 as a company car which I got in April of this year, and because since April the company car tax rules mean there is effectively zero company car tax on electric cars the money I now get back in my pay because of this pays to run my BMW 745Li for the year in its entirety with money to spare.

And anyone who would like to ask any questions on living with either car please feel free to ask away

Back