Fast /sports/ modified / weekend car thread

I was a big fan of Toyota back in the 80/90 era.

Had a ex-rally starlet whilst my mate had a AE86. We used to love drifting about in the rain at night.

Another mate ran a big power Supra which was so ahead of its time.

It was def a big Chesterfield youth-culture thing!

Driving through in the 90s was like taking part in the cannonball run!.. the donut roundabout carpark was like a show n' shine n' rev on a Friday night.

You'd only see the occasional highly modified car in Sheff (possibly visiting) but Chestfield seemed like every other car..

Driving through in the 90s was like taking part in the cannonball run!.. the donut roundabout carpark was like a show n' shine n' rev on a Friday night.

You'd only see the occasional highly modified car in Sheff (possibly visiting) but Chestfield seemed like every other car..
So true.

Yep the Donut was the place to be. Just like Fast & Furious…. But without the jap cars , pretty girls , and action. So basically lots of novas and saxos in a car park eating chips/cheese from chatanoga 😂

Our scene was massive in Chesterfield but didn’t know anyone from Sheffield. I worked at Ripspeed in Sheffield whilst at 6th form and we sold loads so someone was buying it.

It now seems Tesco is the place where they all go. Mostly VW / Audi I’ve noticed though.

Still a scene in Mansfield, though they have to move about a lot these days.

After the town centre circuit was altered (due in part to the coverage in the mags and media) it did die down a bit, but recently growing big again.

Still a scene in Mansfield, though they have to move about a lot these days.

After the town centre circuit was altered (due in part to the coverage in the mags and media) it did die down a bit, but recently growing big again.

Sunday nights we used to go to Nottingham , and then Mansfield on the way back. Good times.

Had chance yesterday to take a few pics of the new toy which has replaced the motorbikes since it was clean.

Wanted one in back in 2007 when they came out but was out of reach. Started looking at the cheap end of the market a few month ago and ended up at the top end as it soon become apparent to buy the best one you can as costs are pretty horrendous. Manual , lots of nice bits and slightly later car to avoid some earlier issues they had.

Had it about 4-5 weeks and covered around 800 miles which ain’t bad to say I work from home and it’s not a main car. Been back with dealer for a week for a broken boot catch but apart from that it’s not broke … yet.

ADC0DDC1-837C-44F5-8B00-EF41FF600558.jpeg E4E3DD51-0111-4FBB-BA28-6A137FB9D0BE.jpeg 9BDC0E2A-171A-4EC8-B69D-3247E7571F40.jpeg

Back