Shopping channel electric bike offer!

You can get a stumpjumper with xt on it for less than that. Sure it would need more maintenance but wouldn’t be vulnerable to breaking down immediately after the warranty runs out.

Piece ‘o’ crap

It does somewhat depress me seeing how many of these obviously poorly made ugly hunks of crap with a motor attached are being flogged (Facebook marketplace is flooded with them, not surprisingly). You just know they are going to end up rusting away in sheds before a trip to the tip after doing less than a few hundred miles.

These type of eBikes are so heavy, particularly with the cheapo jobs (though not actually that cheapo when it comes to it), it does make me wonder how much the motor makes up for the excess weight, effort-wise (as @KermitGKona88 points out). I would genuinely like to know the answer to that. Someone must have looked into it (yes, I am too lazy to Google it...😄).

Better than that, at 26kg
26KG ???. My E-Enduro weighs 24.5kg. I consider it pretty heavy, but it is a full suss with a 625w/h battery(Bosch PL-CX gen4).. 26KG for a bike ethat does nothing else and probably isnt even comfy to ride is a total waste of material.

Got this for 400 notes earlier in the year:
Great little commuter. Integrated lights/rack and mudguards which is great at this price level. The hub gears are just lovely. Done about 400 miles on it already. Even at the current price, it's still better value than the one in the first post. Only downside is the front brake blocks were made of cheese. Went through those in under 100 miles, but cheap enough to replace.

Probably the only way to get a decent Ebike outwith the £5k affairs is to buy a conversion kit and bolt it onto something nice.

Theres more investment in mid drive and the main players who used to do hub motors, are diversifying into BB mounted mid drives. Critisism is the motor does sit low, so unsuitable for major offroad jaunts, but for everything else, commuter, shopping and general leisure its a better route to take to maintain quality and longevity of use.

Back