Wanted I want my old TT bike back

Frankenorange

Orange 🍊 Fan
Hello

Edit to add: This is a wanted advert, of sorts, but maybe it is better in the general section. Mods - please move if you think it is better placed there.

This is the longest of shots.....but i would like to try and get my old TT bike back in my hands, or at least try and find out what happened to it. It was an Ottadini lo-pro frame built in '87-88 with a curvy Reynolds/Colombus mix of tubing, with a 24" front wheel. Not that many were built so maybe, just maybe, there is a chance of finding it. I built it, out of my apprentice wages, with was the usual, back then, with L-shaped cranks, Kronos brakes, 80mm front hub, Assos rims, Mavic bull horns etc. Frame was a kind of purple pink and sized for a 6' rider. It was fun to ride and I will try and get a pic up, soon.

I sold it in '92 to a man called Bob Flateau who worked at a now defunct company , called Badalex, in Weybridge, Surrey. He was seriously into cycling and would commute on this lo-pro while i went and got drunk around the world, as a backpacker, with some of his money. I did find someone of the same surname, in Charlotteville CC, but it was not the same family.

Anyhow....if you know of this frame/bike please do get in touch. Like i say; if it was more mainstream i wouldn't bother but there weren't that many Ottadini frames, and lo-pro frames were few and far between so might be easier to find, if it still exists.

Best regards

Last edited:
I sold my Low Pro in 1997, had it from brand new, think about 1985ish custom made frame, all built up by myself.

Sold to some Triathlon fella in Bulwell in Nottingham, about 12 years ago I went on the search for it but got nowhere 🥺

My health would stop me from riding this but I think about it many a time, Biggest regret ever :rolleyes:

Have you tried asking on London Fixed Gear Single Speed forum ? They love TT bikes.

Hope you get somewhere in the search.

Attachments

• 106002585_10223045218506770_4022211969154918156_n.jpg
    106002585_10223045218506770_4022211969154918156_n.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 15
Back