Sold Bianchi Mega Pro XL Titanium (frame only + PMP headset)

Titanium is very prone to galling so ALWAYS apply a good quality anti seize to mating parts
Stainless steel also is very prone to galling, and it's not as strong as steel so be wary if you're tempted to bling up your bike with stainless bolts.

I hope someone can save that frame, I've always had a soft spot for Bianchi bikes ever since I saw Pantani seeming riding up mountains effortlessly on one.

Hi James,

Looking at the photo's, this looks like it could be entirely fixable.

If it was me, I would be slicing down through the seat post with a recip saw, being careful not to go right through to the titanium. Then grind a chisel to the approximate diameter of the seat tube and drive it down (with some grease) to split the seat tube and release the tension. The remains of the seat post should then drop out.

Fingers crossed, the cracks in the paint are not cracks in the titanium. The titanium should be much more flexible that the paint.

Cheers,
Andrew

PS, the frame is too big for me, otherwise I would be making you an offer instead of offering advice :)

Hi James,

Looking at the photo's, this looks like it could be entirely fixable.

If it was me, I would be slicing down through the seat post with a recip saw, being careful not to go right through to the titanium. Then grind a chisel to the approximate diameter of the seat tube and drive it down (with some grease) to split the seat tube and release the tension. The remains of the seat post should then drop out.

Fingers crossed, the cracks in the paint are not cracks in the titanium. The titanium should be much more flexible that the paint.

Cheers,
Andrew

PS, the frame is too big for me, otherwise I would be making you an offer instead of offering advice :)
Thanks Andrew, you’re giving me the temptation to have another go at it 🤣🤔. Hmmmmm

Very interested in this, awaiting a reply from someone who may be able to help with it 🤞
BTW what grips are they? Looking for a pair for my steel Bianchi.

Mike

Hi James, if this is still for sale, I'd like to buy it please.
Pm on it's way

Mike

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back