Dave Hinde 653 - 'fillet smoothness' 😘

Love the internal cable routing for the rear brake and mech

It's funny really, I see this as one of the best bikes I have, tubing, build quality, geometry and groupset... But its not a desirable bike like a fat or a zinn, shame as the quality is soooo much better.

It's funny really, I see this as one of the best bikes I have, tubing, build quality, geometry and groupset... But its not a desirable bike like a fat or a zinn, shame as the quality is soooo much better.

Soooo much better? That’s a big claim! I get what you mean though. Plenty of builders don’t get the kudos they deserve

I guess What I mean is this has beautiful fillet brazing, its fully fillet brazed - no lugs or sleeves, artistic flair on the internal cable routing, a reynolds 653 tubeset, how often do you see a 653 mtb? even the fork is fillet brazed 653 and has lovely Chrome accents to boot..... You just dont see steel Dave Hinde MTB frames do you, seems the likes of yates and roberts had that market cornered...... so yeah, your right - in short, some builders dont get the Kudos they deserve.

anyhoo...... went out for a ride today and stopped for some pics

DSCF8641.JPG

DSCF8648.JPG

DSCF8657.JPG

DSCF8655.JPG

That’s lovely 😎

all that fillet smoothness talk has got me thinking I really should do something with my old ‘91 Alves 531 frame, it’s got chrome too…😃

and a cracked seat clamp ☹️

30296F72-DF94-42AC-871D-18B7DB81E43F.jpeg

I’ve been speaking to Dan about repairing it… for over a year now!

They’re both hanging on the walls in the back room as wall art 😳

Back