Dave Hinde 653 - 'fillet smoothness' 😘

Re:

Small update on the repairs :)

IMG-20190226-153634.jpg

IMG-20190226-153623.jpg

IMG-20190226-153607.jpg

Re:

Question for the experts,

Does anybody know if Hinde built their own frames or if they were ordered from another source?

My frame and fork are both stamped 1244 which doesn't indicate an age sadly but any info on this puppy kicking owners bike frames would be interesting.... :)

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":1hp8ie5w said:

Does anybody know if Hinde built their own frames or if they were ordered from another source?

My frame and fork are both stamped 1244 which doesn't indicate an age sadly but any info on this puppy kicking owners bike frames would be interesting.... :)

Im unsure on this, i think he did build frames, but has also always imported a lot, as well as outsourcing to other frame builders when the retail side got busy.

retrobikeguy":2iyobiqv said:

I live in Northwich home of Dave Hinde, all the fillet brazed steel frames would have been built by Dave. Later Aluminium & Carbon frames were outsourced.

fettler":1v46u73y said:
I live in Northwich home of Dave Hinde, all the fillet brazed steel frames would have been built by Dave. Later Aluminium & Carbon frames were outsourced.

Thank you,

Thats interesting to know they were inhouse built as opposed to my Frontier which was outsourced, looking forward to getting this thing up and running, thinking ahead to colours at the moment as its gonna need new clothes once its been through renovations, unfortunately though - I dont care for gold :? so colour choice is going to be a darker colour to bring out the chrome, maybe a blue metallic.... or black ..... we'll see.

small update, the internal cable routing on the top tube was taken out due to rust issues, spot the bad ones.

IMG-20190301-133717.jpg

Re:

Retrodecals by Gil for the Dave Hinde decals and some 653 All Terrain decals by H Lloyd decals...

Thanks guys

IMG-20190306-153943.jpg

Re:

At last, a rear facing single pinch bolt seatpost clamp is added and the shoulders of the brake bridge are filed off for a tidier look.

IMG-20190307-154132.jpg

And the internal cable routing is re-installed without the rusted out bits

IMG-20190307-154104.jpg

IMG-20190307-154111.jpg

Plus a ding in the seat tube is filled

IMG-20190307-154121.jpg

Re: Dave Hinde 653 - Frame renovations nearly complete!

Great save. I feel you can never go wrong with a deep dark blue on a bike when you want it to look classy.

Re: Dave Hinde 653 - Frame renovations nearly complete!

dablk":2ykljz27 said:
I feel you can never go wrong with a deep dark blue on a bike when you want it to look classy.

You read my mind ;)

Re:

Blue with the white background Hinde decals will indeed look cool! Or maybe a deep metallic green..

Great work with the frame there fella - credit to your frame builder buddy :cool:

Back