Dave Hinde 653 - 'fillet smoothness' 😘

Re:

Blue with the white background Hinde decals will indeed look cool! Or maybe a deep metallic green..

Great work with the frame there fella - credit to your frame builder buddy :cool:

Re:

small update ........

wheels sorted :)

IMG-20190316-164848.jpg

Re:

Back from powder :D

IMG-20190409-230633.jpg

IMG-20190409-230653.jpg

IMG-20190409-230642.jpg

Sorry to the purists but the gold HAD to go .... Just hated it, kept the chrome though.

decals on soon

Re: Dave Hinde 653 - Frame renovations nearly complete!

I much prefer that blue to the gold too. It complements the chrome better.

I love the colour matched stem and bars. Did the bars fit back in not problem with the extra powdercoat thickness?

Which powdercoaters did you use?

Re:

The stem was pre stretched a little bit by my frame builder before I got them done so they went in really fine, no problem at all, no scratches :) .

Powder was done at yorvik engineering, just collected it in time as he's shutting for a bit due to a family member passing, he's not the cheapest but he does a better job than some powdercoaters..

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":4f2i0bkj said:
Powder was done at yorvik engineering, just collected it in time as he's shutting for a bit due to a family member passing, he's not the cheapest but he does a better job than some powdercoaters..

I use them too. They always do a good job and whilst they might not be as cheap as some places they are by no means the most expensive. The finish on my Raleigh Twenty is fantastic, though when I was chatting to him last time he said they don't do candy finishes on bike frames anymore because it is too difficult to get a uniform finish.

That's sad to hear, he's a really nice guy and I always have a chat with him. I was going to chase up my Richter 8.0 frame again, since it's been there since January, but I'll leave it for now.

Re: Dave Hinde 653 - Frame renovations nearly complete!

That's looking great!! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build.

Re:

Small update.....

slowly getting parts together

DX front and rear mech sorted, DX chainset should be on its way, need some polished DX cantilevers really.

IMG-20190411-131635.jpg

IMG-20190429-131130.jpg

IMG-20190429-131136.jpg

IMG-20190429-131155.jpg

Back