Cunningdale Plan B

Finished.

View attachment 617246View attachment 617244

Replacing the stem sticker was trickier than I thought it would be, I'm not entirely happy with its tidiness, the stem looks great in yellow with or without the sticker so I'll leave it on for now but may end up removing it.

Only taken it for a short test ride, if the weather holds tomorrow I'll take it tinto the woods for a proper run out.
I might have a spare sticker I got from the Wronkey Mench crew - seems like a good place for it. I’ll have a look.

P4100059.JPG
P4100058.JPG P4100057.JPG P4100055.JPG
Perfect day for a ride, I reapplied the bar tape after misjudging how closely I could wrap it and took it on a proper trail ride this morning. Nothing too heavy, just some hardpack, pavement and dirt tracks. I'll always favour steel frames, I just prefer the feel of it, however this bike is so light and so nimble that it earned a place in my heart regardless.

Very quick considering the tyre width, extremely responsive, bunny hopping is effortless, the only problem is the wide rims force the cantis so far out that occasionally I'd clip my heels on them. Got some Koolstop Thinlines coming which should allow me to tuck them in enough not to be a problem.

Last edited:
that occasionally I'd clip my heels on them.

I'd say that is a general problem of those high profile cantis. I have that exact problem with those brakes, regardless what rim I'm driving.
It's the reason they invented the "low profile" cantis a few years later.

Cool build, btw. I like the looks of your rims. :D

Swapped the WTB drops for some ritchie forcelite flats and the Middleburn chainset for M732 as they are being retasked, XT thumbies and levers too, while I was at it I put some yellow cables, this is it's final form... until the next change.
P5280176.jpg P5280174.JPG P5280175.JPG

P6140077.JPG P6140078.JPG P6140074.JPG
Here it is in its final final form, these bars are perfect for it, as much as I loved it with dirt drops they are destined for another project, and the yellow bars looked great but just weren't wide enough and were too flat. The bike is now an insanely fun and extremely comfortable All Terrain cruiser. Had a blast today tearing along my favourite local Gravel™ route, which includes a few miles of farm tracks of varying textures and several more miles of woodland trails.

Back