cocacola v stuck seatpost

rather than wheels/fork blah blah, just stick a saddle on the post and a broom handle through the bottom bracket shell, stand on the broomhandle (feet as close to the shell as you can) and heave. (and twist)

Stand on a square of carpet if you don't want to scratch the paint.

worked like a charm :)

cocacola 1, seatpost 0

I still have almost a full bottle left to drink too (not sure I want to anymore after seeing what it can do :shock:)

Re:

BRILLIANT!!! Makes me realise those stories you see on facebook of what it can do to your teeth in any given 24 hour period....must be true!! :shock: :shock:

:facepalm:

(Memo to self: Must find something else as a mixer for my rum....)

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":19i82c8i said:
BRILLIANT!!! Makes me realise those stories you see on facebook of what it can do to your teeth in any given 24 hour period....must be true!! :shock: :shock:

:facepalm:

(Memo to self: Must find something else as a mixer for my rum....)

Vodka? :LOL: :LOL:

I tried everything on a stuck seatpost; well, as a last resort, I happened to know some garage mechanics who owed me a favour. I took the bike up there and asked them if they could loosen it and by golly they did.

So, these car mechanics must have had some powerful tools or a vice to do loosen it in the back room. Took just minutes.

The seat post did get a few scratches on it, I could have asked them to put a towel around, seemed awkward to do.

Back