Alan frame with stuck seatpost

He's stuck in the era of :LOL: evo-stik . Nowadays there is a technical bonding agent guaranteed for any use. Just needs a bit of research and work.

I'm aware of engineering adhesives 3M and the like. You want to re bond a near 50 year old frame? Go for it.
Yes absolutely I do, I am confident that technology has moved on in those 50 years. With the use of modern materials the bonded areas would be stronger than the rest of the frame. I think you must have heard of carbon fibre.

Yes absolutely I do, I am confident that technology has moved on in those 50 years. With the use of modern materials the bonded areas would be stronger than the rest of the frame. I think you must have heard of carbon fibre.
Enjoy. I've seen a lot of c/f failures. You have the added problem of getting the frame apart to get at the joint as Alan's are screwed and glued, are put together in sequence, as mentioned earlier by @ferrus . So you want to break the other bonds/frame joints, clean all the crap out until it is of a clean room standard, then build a jig to re assemble.

Don't know why you're quoting just me, others are of the same opinion @pigman @sjcprojects @bagpuss @Nob @Woz
Perhaps you should do some research, stop assuming and talking to us like we're all stupid old farts.

Last edited:
Back