Dilemma time, what to keep.snd what to sell from the ti collection

If it was me having to make the choice I would be keeping the DBR, mainly because I always wanted one and never got one (now have a Merlin instead). Always liked the ride of my DB Apex and have had a soft spot for them since 1992.

I always bite my tongue when I see a thread like this, because I am afraid any sell could be regretted later.

But if I had 4 ti frames/bicycles and had to make a choice, I would look at how nicely made it is; material quality, is it butted, how do the welds look? Then of course, does it fit me and do I like riding it. Heritage is important too. I like the Litespeed and the GT the most, because of it.

If the lightning is a 16" then get rid of it as its not your size, thankfully it's my size so I can help you out there..... 😁

The litespeed will always be an interesting frame, so keep that.
And keep the raleigh as they have respectable British history in racing.

Keep the built ones and pass on the rest to new homes. If your modern build is anything to go by the others will never get finished anyway 🤣🤣🤣. If you’ve had them that long and not built them, are you really that into them?

Nobody actually “wants” a Lightning, you only get one because you can’t find or afford a Xizang. Sorry if this offends anyone but it’s true.

Litespoed is an interesting bike but Ti is an awful material for full sus bikes and even withstanding this, old full sus bikes are crap to ride.

The Raleigh and DBR come from (IMO) their peak era of mtbs not long before each brand disappeared to a shadow of their former selves.

Keep the built ones and pass on the rest to new homes. If your modern build is anything to go by the others will never get finished anyway 🤣🤣🤣. If you’ve had them that long and not built them, are you really that into them?

Nobody actually “wants” a Lightning, you only get one because you can’t find or afford a Xizang. Sorry if this offends anyone but it’s true.

Litespoed is an interesting bike but Ti is an awful material for full sus bikes and even withstanding this, old full sus bikes are crap to ride.

The Raleigh and DBR come from (IMO) their peak era of mtbs not long before each brand disappeared to a shadow of their former selves.

Disagree with the Lightning comments. Rarer than a Xizang as they only made them for 97/98 so many want them.

Also the bead blasted finish is something of a rarity as most Ti frames are brushed or polished.

They also fetch just as much as a Xizang frame in minty condition. The issue is that most for sale have had a life and the finish is impossible to restore.

Disagree with the Lightning comments. Rarer than a Xizang as they only made them for 97/98 so many want them.

Also the bead blasted finish is something of a rarity as most Ti frames are brushed or polished.

They also fetch just as much as a Xizang frame in minty condition. The issue is that most for sale have had a life and the finish is impossible to restore.
Thanks, mine is mint, very little in the way of damage to the finish. Good to know. I did think that they were less common than the xizang due to being made for 2 years only.

Latest posts

Back