Bizarrely stuck seatpost

colnagokid

Retro Guru
So, mate phones me yesterday:
1." Stuck seatpost in my Fondriest frame, I've had a go myself with a screwdriver but can't do it....."
2.I go over to see it...... & I'll let the photos do the talking....
3. I assume this is now beyond economic repair as the frames only worth about £40 being low end Columbus Cromor...new seat post lug?? IMG_20221127_112621.jpg IMG_20221127_112638.jpg
4.metal recycle bin beckons?

I've never ever seen the like...all for the want of a little grease.....

Comments invited...keep it clean though....

How and why? That appears to be completely fubar
I agree- he apparently stuck the large screwdriver between the seatpost binder part of the lug, got frustrated, & then prised them open with the aid of a hammer & kept going until he burst open the entire lug!!!!
Nutter!.
.I think it's a goner...

Still, cromor is not a bad tubeset. But it will be a big job to replace the seat lug.

I worked in a bicycle repair shop for two years and I was always amazed how people treat their, often very nice, bicycles. This reminds me of that.

Still, cromor is not a bad tubeset. But it will be a big job to replace the seat lug.

I worked in a bicycle repair shop for two years and I was always amazed how people treat their, often very nice, bicycles. This reminds me of that.
Like £100 +...& Then paint?

Pffft. Bumbling amateur. This is how you get the seat-post out.

1669556661399.png

Even with this brutality to rescue the seat-post and manage the work piece, I still couldn't get over the strength of the corrosive bond. While your mate went a bit drastic, the chances of it coming out may have been very slender anyway; the seat-tube looks well rusty.

Back