Bizarrely stuck seatpost

Once upon a time many years ago I lived in a flat in a shared house, I had a frame with a seatpost stuck in it, someone who shall remain nameless gibbleking asked if they could have the seatpost, I said sure if you can get it out... I went to work, when I came back my frame had been chopped to bits and he stood there smiling with the seatpost in his hand... Needless to say I was not a f**king happy bunny...
It is rather funny though...

Collects cordless angle grinder and starts off towards Colnago kid's shed...
No need- I'm giving it back to him wouldn't even attempt that removal....& the rest of the bike was in a bit of a state as well ( rusty cables/misaligned brake blocks/very dirty rear cassette...)

Reactions: Woz
It would look as ugly as can be, but do we really not think that with a blow torch and a lot of working, that could be reverse prised back into original form, albeit baggy and use able?

As to the mapp torch comment earlier, my Dad did that a long time ago for a stuck seatpost, if you keep an eye on it it can work, but it ruins the paint so you might as well use caustic soda as that is foolproof

Latest posts

Back