Bizarrely stuck seatpost

So, mate phones me yesterday:
1." Stuck seatpost in my Fondriest frame, I've had a go myself with a screwdriver but can't do it....."
2.I go over to see it...... & I'll let the photos do the talking....
3. I assume this is now beyond economic repair as the frames only worth about £40 being low end Columbus Cromor...new seat post lug??View attachment 683255View attachment 683256
4.metal recycle bin beckons?

I've never ever seen the like...all for the want of a little grease.....

Comments invited...keep it clean though....
Animal :(

Once upon a time many years ago I lived in a flat in a shared house, I had a frame with a seatpost stuck in it, someone who shall remain nameless gibbleking asked if they could have the seatpost, I said sure if you can get it out... I went to work, when I came back my frame had been chopped to bits and he stood there smiling with the seatpost in his hand... Needless to say I was not a f**king happy bunny...

Once upon a time many years ago I lived in a flat in a shared house, I had a frame with a seatpost stuck in it, someone who shall remain nameless gibbleking asked if they could have the seatpost, I said sure if you can get it out... I went to work, when I came back my frame had been chopped to bits and he stood there smiling with the seatpost in his hand... Needless to say I was not a f**king happy bunny...
Thank you Bob for the correct response.

Back