Alan frame with stuck seatpost

Getting it out isn't a problem, the frame has come unstuck. It's a bonded frame.
I missed that detail. Hmm. Might be able to get the repair done with 3M Scotch-Weld 2-part epoxy which is a commercial-grade bond for dissimilar metals. It's good for jointing, sealing/potting and has a crazy high sheer strength. Might be worth a try.

I missed that detail. Hmm. Might be able to get the repair done with 3M Scotch-Weld 2-part epoxy which is a commercial-grade bond for dissimilar metals. It's good for jointing, sealing/potting and has a crazy high sheer strength. Might be worth a try.
I personally wouldn't do that. I think if the bonding has gone it's scrap. If one joint has failed how long before the others fail?

I would be interested in the frame
I would use it for a piece of artwork
What's your location?
I'm in Norfolk UK. It's not in perfect condition, couple of deep scratches in the anodizing. I'm undecided what to do with it yet, I may do the same myself, I'm a bit of a hoarder, but if I do just get rid of it, I'll message you first.

Can it not be put on the alter and sacrificed for scientific retro bike research?

Something like a few cut-out sections? A bit of fun with power tools is good for the body and soul too :LOL:

1688033004005.png

Back