Car driver tried to knock me off my bike today!

similar thing happened to me, don't let it slide. I got a nice payment in the end and went on holiday ;) I don't see that you committed criminal damage you were just defending yourself and no its not a waste of police time, its what they are there for.

Re: Re:

As highlighted, it's all too easy to get drawn into the heat of the moment when you're on the end of some terrible driving. It's part and parcel of cycling these days, whether we like it or not.

It's really difficult to control emotions. Commuting in and out of the city 5 days a week, I've fallen foul and not been able to keep them under control. Whenever I can, I find blowing a few kisses in said direction makes the recipient look really stupid (ignoring that it makes me equally so). Talking back, even reasoning, no matter how sensible, never works and as seen here, can lead to all kinds of wrongness.

If I was going to direct any anger at this point, it would be with your so called friends. Seriously, looking on and not stepping in, even if you were in the wrong, that's some weak shit. I hope you don't regard them as friends anymore.

al-onestare":27spuufk said:
If I was going to direct any anger at this point, it would be with your so called friends. Seriously, looking on and not stepping in, even if you were in the wrong, that's some weak shit. I hope you don't regard them as friends anymore.

I hope these two aren't your witnesses..

FairfaxPat":35x7rvcv said:
That's Exactly why I ride 90% in the dirt, and as many bike paths as possible when I have to go somewhere in towns.

me too.

hope you get this sorted -I am surprised the police did FA - sounds clearly like an assualt - definitely worth lodging a complaint agasint them and taking the driver to court.

Totally in the dark as to what is happening, No contact with police despite me asking them to phone me,
contacted CTC and they are to help me sort out this case,

Re:

Bit late to this thread..you should have had your throat examined and documented at the time Ian....strangulation is a different caper to battery ;)

Latest posts

Back