Car driver tried to knock me off my bike today!

Re: Re:

konatime":1ofbh7kh said:
Bit late to this thread..you should have had your throat examined and documented at the time Ian....strangulation is a different caper to battery ;)
I did go to the doctors the next day mate but the doctor couldn't see anything
but some two weeks on my throat still hurts and hurts to swallow and worse
when I'm in bed asleep, another visit is on the books tomorrow.

2 weeks of swallowing pain after trauma usually means referral to consultant ENT ......CT/MRI etc.

Shaun

Unfortunately the plod are next to useless in cases with cyclists, it seems. I got taken clean out by a car in Feb 2013, it was witnessed by an off-duty copper and was filmed on CCTV. By the time the police go to view the footage again it had been wiped, and the police wrote to me about a month later and said they couldn't take any action because there were no witnesses! I wrote back and told them to find the guy who made the call to them and the ambulance, because he was a copper and my witness. Oh, we can't trace him, they said. I said here's his f*****g number, track him down. Oh, they said...
In the end I had to get some ambulance chasers on to it, because the driver claimed I rode off the pavement in front of him, the lying twat. So far my solicitor's bill is over £11,000 and I have a claim in for £7,000, no thanks to the police.

In your case Ian, look up for a local bike-friendly solicitor, you can usually find them in bike mags (cycling weekly used to be good for that) or online. Give them all the facts and see what they can do for you, that's what I had to do. Good luck, and make sure you press charges.

Had a bit of similar grief a few months back with a bloke who must've been 60 - and hence old enough to know better- in a small van. He got past me, screeched to a half, got out his van and started to walk back towards me. I dismounted, stood up straight, slipped off my outer jacket to reinforce the point that I was a foot taller and 100lbs of lean mass heavier. He hesitated, said sorry, and fair on ran back to his van.

Chuffing eejut. If I'd been a Kenneth Noye sort he'd have been dead. Nothing is worth getting into confrontation over.

From what i know, Ian did not prolong the confrontation - the car driver did. Ian was subject to an attack after the verbal confrontation had effectively finished. The car driver would not 'let it go' and the presence of the female gives me cause for wondering if the male driver was 'acting up' in front of her.

Richard

Try contacting Bristol Cycling campaign, they cover the surrounding area too, what you need is various forms of highlighting the lack of speed in following up this incident by the police.
Bring it to the attention of your local MP muting the fact that if this has happened to you then by the laws of averages there must unreporting/under investigating of similar incidents, do point towards the tragic case of the tandem cyclist's that were killed last year and all of this undermines the role of effective policing.
When you are calling the station are you asking for the investigating officer or the ones who attended? Try asking for a progress report on your case number in order to clarify the pathway to case clarification and the way forward from the duty sargeant.
Keep going to your Dr's, escalate the medical investigation if necessary and ensure the medical notes are updated.
Good luck

Back