Am I insane? Classic car content

mgb wheel base = 2312mm
mx5 mk1 wheel base = 2260
~25mm of centre for each wheel arch.
track width, meh, wide body.
1250 MGB
1500 MX5

just saying. ;)

Fitting the entire running gear from a Toyota Celica ST185 GT-Four into an original British Leyland Mini
2 litre Turbo charged engine
4 wheel drive
Other than the wheels sticking out a bit needing some arch extensions the Mini is standard in length, width and height...
Just anything is possible with enough ingenuity.

just saying. ;)

Fitting the entire running gear from a Toyota Celica ST185 GT-Four into an original British Leyland Mini
2 litre Turbo charged engine
4 wheel drive
Other than the wheels sticking out a bit needing some arch extensions the Mini is standard in length, width and height...
Just anything is possible with enough ingenuity.

just saying. ;)
Years, those crazy gents at BOM are a bit ingenious.
Jolly skilled too.

got to admit I've enjoyed their antics for the past few years, do wish they'd finish that damned library bus though.

Well I ended up joining the Mg Owners Club. 🫣
Put together a list of what needs doing to it. Less the welding and a coat of paint I'm at £2k at the moment. Decided on fibreglass bonnet and boot lids to save a bit of money and weight. Prioritised what needed doing. Softtop hood has a tear in it so that was high up on the list. Then wondered why the back end was sat a little low down. Took a look at the back end and ooops!
So rear leaf springs ended up being moved up the list. Thursday has now been booked off to sort those and the dampers as well. Before my father needs to drive it from South Wales to Leicestershire to see his brother next week.

Attachments

• 20230415_203119.jpg
    20230415_203119.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 6
Back