Liability Insurance

I think the OP's friend has embarrassed themselves by placing the phone call. I can't think of anytime I haven't given my brakes a quick squeeze between getting it out of the shed, and setting off (it would not be the first time I've found something has changed with the bike eg got knocked in the shed). Taking a bike of a turbo should lead to a checking over of all functionality gears, brakes, wheels secure/spinning freely etc. The conversation smacks of entitlement however the sentiment was expressed. You (presumably) didn't charge them, no contract implied, guarantee etc. Said friend would not get another (free or otherwise) service again.
I agree. Lack of basic common sense on his part, now looking for someone to blame, however friendly he may have been in his approach

Just for the record, he wasn't looking for someone to blame. He was phoning up embarrassed at himself for not checking his own bike and asking for advice on a basic set of checks he could do himself to avoid the exact situation he found himself in.

Just for the record, he wasn't looking for someone to blame. He was phoning up embarrassed at himself for not checking his own bike and asking for advice on a basic set of checks he could do himself to avoid the exact situation he found himself in.

In fairness, and perhaps that's the wording of your post - the servicing of their bike and brake failure did seem to be linked - in one or both of your minds.

In fairness, and perhaps that's the wording of your post - the servicing of their bike and brake failure did seem to be linked - in one or both of your minds.
That was going to be my reply too ... Or along those lines.

It now seems that the liability insurance concern really isn't an issue. Crack on as before.....

Back