As found from a dumpster with very faded paint:
038 - Kona Kilauea 1993 01.jpg
After (and second rattle can respray):
20230206_004048216_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
My Trek Y custom painted frame and fork

Beanfield1980 1997 Trek Y

6E914B98-173A-49D1-994B-383690B7A9FB.jpeg View attachment 704185

Was the amnesty month a "special" or a genuine amnesty free for all?

To answer your question, the amnesty month was not a 'special' as such (I probably shouldn't have named it as one). In relevance to future entries.....

The entry requirements for the amnesty month was that you MUST have previously entered the bike BUT it couldn't have won the competition. The general rules state that you can enter a bike twice, in one regular month and one special month, as long as it doesn't win at the first attempt. Any entry into the amnesty month doesn't count towards the two permitted entries. Some examples.....

1) User 1 has entered their bike in one normal month and one special month but hasn't won at either attempt. They can still enter the amnesty month but won't be able to enter further competitions as they have already used up their two attempts.

2) User 2 has entered their bike in a normal month only, but didn't win. They are eligible to enter the amnesty month, but that entry doesn't count, so they are still eligible to enter a special month in the future (unless they won the amnesty competition).

3) User 3 has entered their bike in a special month only, but didn't win. They are eligible to enter the amnesty month, but that entry doesn't count, so they are still eligible to enter a normal month in the future (unless they won the amnesty competition).

4) User 4 wants to enter their bike in the amnesty month but has never entered it in any competitions previously - they are not eligible to enter.

Hopefully that clears things up? :LOL: I wrote this to get things straight in my own head as much as anything else!

If/when we do another amnesty month I'll need to decide whether or not an entry in the previous amnesty competition excludes you from entering another, but that'll keep for now.

Just in case you were wondering, yes I do bore myself sometimes :LOL:

Wow, what a field of bikes! Since it's about painting, I'll throw my girlfriend's daily driver into the mix, even if it's more the donkey next to the racehorses.

KayOs' 1996 Drahtesel ( wire donkey...I guess...)
Build thread:

Screenshot_20201002-110236~2.png
IMG_20210508_123757.jpg

OK that Klein is impressive. I didn't think anything would peel my eyes away from the Yeti but now I don't know... Hmmmm....

Back