BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
February brings another theme month; every bike entered must have been repainted. Whether it was a no expense spared professional job or a rattle can special doesn't matter but we will need to see evidence of the repaint, either in the linked build thread, or the two pics submitted here. All other rules remain the same

Useful for the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. @al's 1995 weird bouncy thing
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!
Link to all the rules http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules

Nominations thread will run for the entire month of February. Entries submitted after February 28th will not be counted. The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run for a week.

Double-E F's 1995 Yeti Pro FRO

Started with 'winning' this on the Bay:
p5pb13918012.jpg

And after a new powdercoat, ended up with this:
p5pb17903926.jpg

A report of the journey can be found here.

:)

Last edited:
Again, not sure if I ever entered this into a special.
Peachy’s 1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653
Thread;

Photo of it getting its bottom soothed after it had been bothered by both @legrandefromage & @longun
C054CD8F-BB56-47A2-9247-1BEF325EEB55.jpeg

After some Peachyfication 😎 23A8FBB2-7C1D-4DD1-BF34-EBB37120E641.jpeg

Again, not sure if I ever entered this into a special.
Peachy’s 1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653
Thread;

Photo of it getting its bottom soothed after it had been bothered by both @legrandefromage & @longun
View attachment 703041

After some Peachyfication 😎View attachment 703042

Sorry dude. It was in the Mountain Mayhem special in June 2019

A repaint that now needs to be repainted again - donk's 1989 or 1990 brodie climbmax - most likely a 1990 based on a recent post here, hard to remember after 30+ years of original uninterrupted ownership.

Original colour was a deep metallic flake green. Hard to see in one of the few pictures I have of it.

I had it repainted to panels in about 1994 by Beeks Custom Refinishing in Toronto.

Added the Paul Brodie stem when he did a run a few years ago. Parts on both are pretty much the same.

Starting to think about having velocolour do a modern interpretation of a classic brodie paint job, maybe next winter. Thinking a modified panel /fade with their fineline transition.

Intro/build thread here

Attachments

• brodie original.jpg
    brodie original.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 62
  • brodie repaint.jpg
    brodie repaint.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 64
As it's a special month.......I'll have a go with this one. My other rider ( Although this one doesn't see the mud like my January entry!)
Bare metal respray - home painted in the garden using Citroen Blanc Perle white and finished in 2K lacquer.

boy"O"boy's 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp.

build thread here ~

Before.....
20201124_115252.jpg

After.....
20210512_180227.jpg

Cheers all.
boy"O"boy

Crikey that Trek is absolutely lovely, and taking me back down memory lane in terms of dream bikes when I was a teen!

Is it one BOTM entry per bike, or two in the rules? (I know there was the amnesty BOTM, but does that count to the total?)

Back