1993 Zaskar Build

Re:

Best style decals they ever did. :cool:

IMG_4056.jpg

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":111gkpqd said:
Ahh the '95s with the broken font, They should look really good on your bike, especially once the frame has had a good polish ;)

Yes, the frame does need a good polish :?

Is the Pikes Polish still the preferred way or has another product been discovered in the last couple of years?

Re:

@cherrybomb: nice ink blue frames! Is the later frame the one you had built up with USE forks? That style graphic are my favourite too, but on my xizang i found that the fractured bits caused the decals to peel in the corners more quickly

@ian w: i usually buy halfords own brand chrome polish, Its a cheaper option but its the same stuff inside. A lot of people on here seem to recommend Autosol, which i use as well but i dont find it to be any better at shining up a frame

Sean :)

Ah cool, well I have an almost full tin of Pikes so that will do, I think it may be time to dig out the bike stand and bring the bike in to the house, garage is far too cold this time of year!

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":2k0mvcbg said:
@cherrybomb: nice ink blue frames! Is the later frame the one you had built up with USE forks? That style graphic are my favourite too, but on my xizang i found that the fractured bits caused the decals to peel in the corners more quickly

Sean :)

Hi Sean,

Yeah, that's the one. I've now transferred everything over to the earlier frame except I've fitted a pair of Bologna Lite forks as the USE ones were a little delicate and prevented me from riding the bike as often as I'd want ideally. I have a plan for those to go onto the wall in the dining room, just need to make a mounting bracket using a head tube from a BSO :D

The later frame will probably be moved on as it's surplus to requirements now I have a 94 model year and really don't need two ink blue Zaskars. I've not had any problem with the decals pealing, but having said that it only ever got used on high days & holidays when the weather was good.

First decent ride in about 6 months last night, wet and muddy but the Zaskar ploughed through without issue :)

My mate is on a 29er though and he seems to make much better progress on the long straights :/ Seem to be forever peddling to try and keep up.

IMG_20161123_192341_zpsnaboyjmk.jpg

Last edited:
Must drag mine of its over 50's retirement home...!

Bought in October 1993, 23 years old!! Unpolished and covered in far to many colours :p

file.php

Back