Silverfish 1993 Crosstrac Sonoma

Handlebars not mentioned here in the original frame package. The bars shown in the pictures are from a later build.

The original stem is quite unique with its tall steerer clamp. Lovely piece of work in it's own right.

Yep I’d seen that previously. I think I can sacrifice the bars if I need to. Though black levers and brakes might break the silver up enough.
I’m going to keep the stem.
Cuffs and collars have to match and if I switched the stem I’d need to switch out the post also.

But the unique stem with the TALL steerer clamp looks even taller in the flesh 🤣

These aren’t the wheels I’ve been talking about. And if I go down this route I’m going to need to sort a front wheel.
Had a play last night and dug this one out of storage 😳
I always imagined a DD to be a bit too bling for a Crosstrac - and I’ve never seen one specced with one.
But it’s kinda growing on me 🥰
Still undecided on the 3DV.
Turq would work but I don’t have any kicking around
Nor black.

I’m also really not convinced I want to try to find an Araya RM17 rim. Too many builds on the go 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_4697.jpeg
    IMG_4697.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4698.jpeg
    IMG_4698.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 33
Very cool Darren. As others have mentioned, remember seeing the ads for these in MBA...4" travel front and rear.

Had a dig. Did consider chucking these out a little while ago but couldn't bring myself to do it..
Might some useful info here. Your welcome to buy them (Not asking much or do a deal on something)

Latest posts

Back