Zaskar evolution.

Well I’m a bit behind schedule, but almost done on the original bike. Built the wheels today and assembled the bike. Few final parts to fit, gears and brakes to tweak and that should do it. Then I think I’m going to sell this one, the wife’s watching me like a hawk!!! 😂. IMG_7704.jpeg

Oh and just to make my day, the seat post doesn’t fit the new frame! 27.2 on the original 98 frame, and it’s looking like 27 on the 97. Quick Look on eBay and guess what, 27mm seams to be a strange size. The selection is rubbish 😔.

Had a bit of a mock up for the new frame today. The seatpost is 27.2 but the clamp has been nipped a little bit tight. I’ll need to ease that open a few thou. Should be pretty straight forward after that 😁. IMG_7709.jpeg

Last edited:
Eased out the seatpost clamp today, post fits 😁. Another wee polish, more parts fitted and cabled up. Taking shape now, only the chain and decals to fit. Can’t decide if I should stick with the tanwalls or go all black? Oh and I’ve still to swap out the rims for 517s. Just can’t face building another four wheels this week 😂. IMG_7712.jpeg

That’s the chain fitted. Weather looks good for the weekend so fingers crossed I’ll get the decals done Saturday or Sunday. If it rains? I’ll get the rims swapped over. Either way I’ll make progress 😁.

Back