1993 Zaskar Build

Re: Re:

yours were yellow and didnt suit, you should get them in original black and white colours :)

That picture you posted are xizang graphics, 1995 with the fractured lettering. I had to get those ones shipped to me from the usa back then. They were missing the top tube graphics because i fitted them wonky and couldnt live with it afterwards :LOL:

Used this today for the first time in ages, spent most of last year using my other bike (also retro but setup for the road).

Pumped up the tyres, lubed up the moving parts and off I went :)

Now it needs a clean!

No plans for it this year other than using it and enjoying it! May give it another polish and replace the graphics but tbh it's pretty much spot on as it it!

IMG_20160123_153111_zpsncioqije.jpg

IMG_20160123_153121_zpsoq55qrve.jpg

IMG_20160123_153131_zpstkj6hvbb.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing to update on this but used it for the first time in ages this weekend. Much like the last update, pumped up the tyres and lubed the chain and it was good to go.

I have a new set of decals for it and I really fancy a new seat plus replacing a couple of screws that have rusted.

New lights for it should be arriving today so I can use it in the evenings again :)

I did use it a couple of times in the summer but that was very gentle rides down to the seaside with the other half but was nice to see it shining in the sun :)

I went with some graphics I actually saw on one of your many threads :D

96 Zaskar LE_zpsmy29ahwr.jpg

Last edited:
I like this thread! Nice Zaskar

I can't get over how often you change the graphics! Haha I have a set of 91 and 92 decals for my xizang (96) and still can't decide/change them, I want to but the thought of stuffing them up, or them just looking bad (I've also got a modern build) so I just keep it as it is, maybe till they wera off.

T'boo Ted":otsjhh2r said:
I like this thread! Nice Zaskar

I can't get over how often you change the graphics! Haha I have a set of 91 and 92 decals for my xizang (96) and still can't decide/change them, I want to but the thought of stuffing them up, or them just looking bad (I've also got a modern build) so I just keep it as it is, maybe till they wera off.

This will only be the 3rd graphic change in six years :LOL:

TBH I am only changing them now as the current ones are all worn away, amazingly through use which even I find hard to believe :LOL: If they need replacing then might as well give the bike a facelift right? :p

Re:

Your bike is amazing,
I cannot be wait to see 95 zaskar decal on your bike. it will be nice!

I have 1993 Zaskar too but I still build it ;)

Back