1993 Zaskar Build

Re:

Dragged this out of the garage on Saturday and made the most of the nice weather, must say, other than needing a decent clean and a bit of a lube it's still riding pretty flawlessly :)

Still needs new decals and considering a colour change...any thoughts on what to go for? :)

Blue and white? Black and white? :? :?

Re: 1993 Zasker LE Build

SpaceFlightOrange":2sqdwp9k said:
Sweet ride, dude.

I have a 19" zaskar. Much prefer the look of the smaller frames.

Those pics, they overlooking the Dee?

I'm on the other side of the Mersey.

Looks like Thurstaston to me :?:

Great bike, looks the nuts!

Re: 1993 Zasker LE Build

Dossa":13wf7y2v said:
SpaceFlightOrange":13wf7y2v said:
Sweet ride, dude.

I have a 19" zaskar. Much prefer the look of the smaller frames.

Those pics, they overlooking the Dee?

I'm on the other side of the Mersey.

Looks like Thurstaston to me :?:

Great bike, looks the nuts!

Correct :D

Would be fun but it's always full of dog walkers so can't really ride it.

Re:

Pulled it out of the garage today and cleaned up the dust off it :roll:

132A1066-C44C-43A5-ACAD-2203D6129878_zpso4lykywn.jpg

7939D9A3-05F4-44DA-8A55-023702CF77C4_zps2txvl1p2.jpg

51395D25-B566-4164-9AFE-C6D3B6D98885_zpsztejwave.jpg

Still looks so good :cool:

Last edited:
Re:

I think this would look so much better with earlier graphics and different forks.... Yeah, you thought your build was finished didnt you ;)

What graphics? The big Zaskar on the top tube as if you read the start of the thread I tried that ;)

I actually fancy some 'all GT terra' ones similar to yours.

Forks are staying as they are super light and work great!

Re:

Ive never liked the mid noughties sid fork. Theyre designed to look like they have more travel than what they do and with those long 28mm sanctions i just dont think they look right. The original sid was a beautifully crafted fork and the newer ones look good too but somewhere in between i think that rockshox went a bit wrong with the design... But thats just my opinion :p

These are the graphics i bought for mine -> http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281413664465?nav=SEARCH theyre based on the 1994 year, any GT purist can see they arent 100% accurate but they are as close as you will get. This seller will accept offers over £10, I have bought spare sets cus they are such a bargain ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Ahhhh, I had those graphics on when I first bought the frame and I hated them :oops:

I was going to get some made up by Gil but the price seems to have gone up :LOL:

I was actually going to get a set which I think I found in one of your threads but never got around to ordering them, might treat myself at the end of the month :twisted:

ekAJB2Le2QaE45Slw75eyQV6uSLSuQMCY_SawuEDN8Ba1Zgjju1_yPmNZc2dWV-588GlM8BhvcreZqqQivemUlFP1QS3wREMvWljYzQIo7eB_Q=s0-d-e1-ft

I know they are not strictly Zaskar ones but the colour scheme might work...then again I might just leave it as it is as I quite like the top tube being plain...plus it means there is no decal there for me to rub away!

Latest posts

Back