Zaskar evolution.

I was told it had been painted before, I’ve had a good look and can’t see a single speck of paint. It’s pretty much ready to flat and polish as it is.

He didn’t volunteer the info. I noticed that it had it around the headtube and seat tube junction. It then came out.

Oh and don’t shoot me down in flames but….. it’s not getting 97 decals. I’ll be fitting the other set of genuine 96 decals I have (somewhere) I just like the look better. 👍

Wanna swap it for a 96? I’m sure I’ve got a BB one 😂

Sorry but I think I’m going to hang onto this one. It’s the model and year I really wanted, and the right size!

Well the cat is out the bag! My better half was in my son’s bedroom today. I came home from work and was greeted with…..” have you bought ANOTHER frame?” I had to confess I had, and appease her by saying, “I’ll sell the other one once it’s rebuilt”. Mind you saying and doing are two completely different things 😉. I’m sure she will have calmed down by the time I’ve built two Zaskars. Either that or I’ll just make them look the same and make sure she only sees one at a time 😂.

Small update, the BB put up a bit of a fight. However I got the better of it in the end 😁 IMG_7685.jpeg
Decals……check! IMG_7695.jpeg
And if anyone has one of these 👇 that they would consider selling? Please keep me in mind. IMG_7694.png

Dug out what I have of a build kit for my original frame. Waiting on a rear wheel arriving, thanks to @d8mok for helping out with that and a new un71 bb from the bay. Only need to source tyres. IMG_7698.jpeg IMG_7699.jpeg
Once all of this ☝️ is fitted to my original frame it will free up the full build kit for the new frame 😁. Only a couple of decals to source and I’ll be done.

Oh and I knew I had these hiding somewhere. Just found them, will let me give the original frame its real name when I’m done. IMG_7700.jpeg

I’ve just been looking at the as collected pic at the start of the thread. Once the new frame is built up it won’t share a single component with that original bike. I think I’ve taken the evolution too far! 😂

Tyres arrived today, should see the last couple of items drop in over the next day or two. Fingers crossed I can get some time this weekend to make a start. Plan is to strip all the parts from the original bike and stack them to one side. Then rebuild it completely with the build kit I’ve sourced. That should be enough for one weekend I think.

Back