1993/4 GT Zaskar Le Singlespeed: FINISHED

Re: Feeding The Obsession... Zaskar no.3!!

Looks good. Wonder if I could find a bag big enough to fit my frame into...

These arrived for me last week all the way from canada. the elastomers were a freebie with the Ringle hub and saved me a fair bit of money so cheers to roc6839 for that :D

The old elastomers... No surprise the forks were in such poor working order really, and the bottom ones crumbled in my hands :LOL:

And the new elastomers.... Blue ones are firm so best i put them at the bottom, the red are medium and ive put the original plastic spacers back in between. the left preload adjuster took a bit of persuasion in the vice to come unseized, but i now have two working adjusters :)

Now got my manitou 4 from my old aqua Zaskar working like new so im pretty pleased :D

And thanks to Vinevo as well for giving me these GT platforms for just the postage costs

ive given them a once over with wire wool and an overhaul with new bearings. ive been using them all week on my Trek and they're not half bad for unsealed pedals

Sean

cherrybomb":14ozvq72 said:
Nice one.

Good news on sorting the fork out :cool:

its starting to come together nicely, the frame is looking good as well so fingers crossed and i should be rebuilding the bike this week :cool:

Re: Zaskar no.3: Updated With Frame Pics

That's looking very tidy. :cool:

That would look the business with some of the yellow & blue 95 decals Gil has just sorted.

Those Manitous are just gorgeous. I wish I'd taken them with the Aqua frame now!

@Barneyballbags: Forks are in remarkable condition too, having fitted them to both frames i think i prefer them on the ball burnished Zaskar. Less is definately more, with some turquise bits and pieces added i think it'll look more subtle. The yellow judies go surprisingly really well with the aqua frame, i like it

@Cherrybomb: Havent decided which graphics to go for yet, i prefer the design of the 1992 and i have a set already, plus a gathering of other GT related graphics for the build :cool:

Back