GT ZASKAR LE new to me

I had a customer come in to work a few weeks ago and while he was there he spotted a GT frame of mine hanging up. This brought on a conversation about bikes and he said he had a GT hanging on his garage wall at home but it hadn’t been used in years. He is moving soon and wanted to sell it so I asked for some pictures as I might be interested. I was not expecting something rubbish as he said “it’s a decent one “.It turned out to be a Zaskar LE with a set of Carbon Pace forks , ceramic wheels .He gave me a price I couldn’t refuse and offered to deliver it from
Aberdeen to Gloucestershire for free as he was going to Devon and could it off in the way past so I couldn’t say no . Im no expert on bikes , I think it’s a 1997 , can anyone confirm the year , or any info about the parts .It needs a full service and polish . I tried some autosol on it and it cleans up well . Not sure on if I’m going to keep it as my wife says I’ve got too many bikes already and the garage is full. Im going to take it out for a spin this weekend to see if we bond .

IMG_5274.jpeg IMG_5275.jpeg IMG_5277.jpeg IMG_5278.jpeg IMG_5280.jpeg IMG_5276.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice a pity it's banged up as it is, also that rim is done (can't see if it's f or r) That's a big as(s) crack.
Should clean up nice though.

Nice a pity it's banged up as it is, also that rim is done (can't see if it's f or r) That's a big as(s) crack.
Should clean up nice though.
Isn't that just the join on the rim? On the SUP's the sidewalls are machined flat and the "crack" only seems to be on the top section of the rim which they don't machine. 117 Ceramics were great rims. Look like they have a bit of stone chipping on the ceramic coat though...

Nice score! Hope you’re gonna change the saddle. I’d take a guess and say it’s a 99 going by the dropouts and seatstay brace. I’ve been wrong before though 😂

Last edited:
Isn't that just the join on the rim? On the SUP's the sidewalls are machined flat and the "crack" only seems to be on the top section of the rim which they don't machine. 117 Ceramics were great rims. Look like they have a bit of stone chipping on the ceramic coat though...

It looks like it but when I zoom in (Firefox plugin) on the picture it looks jagged, but you might be right as it would be a weird way to "just" crack.

Back