1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega build - my unicorn!

Found this pic that I snapped on Tisday evening - the only one so far after I polished it - whilst messing around with a Manitou 1 mock-up, just because...!

Re:

Headset sorted. Got this coming! :cool:
NOS HP-M902, which is a 1 ¼" M900 (HP-M900 is 1", HP-M901 is 1 ⅛"). I think this is the same headset that Tim Davies had on his MBUK-spec 92-stickered Ti-Mega.

I had toyed with the idea of fitting a cheap, yet effective, NOS Tange headset, same as I fitted on the 92 DX & XT bikes, or looking for a Chris King threaded black or silver (got the latter in a Devolution NoThreadSet version on the 91 DX), but the Tange really isn't "good enough" for this build and can't really be arsed with a hunt for a CK. Although a Tange Superlight headset was fitted to the range-topping Al-Megas in 91 & 92 and I COULD remove the one that's fitted to the AM XTR in the parts transplant for this build, I really don't want to split the frame and forks off that.
I thought this M902 would be perfect for this build with the rest of the M900, so pulled the trigger on it. :cool:

Another step closer, with the acquisition of a very f***ing expensive but equally cool NOS M900 XTR seatpost in 27.2 :cool:

Big thanks to Mark (sinnett177) for confirming this was the right size for the Ti Mega before I pulled the trigger! :)

Once built it will have the complete M900 groupset fitted. Unless I swap the skewers to the Ringlémoles which I probably will once I've sent them to Chris (Rampage) to re-anodise black.

I'm feeling excited again. Just the saddle to come.

Latest posts

Back