94 Aqua Turquoise Zaskar build (my unicorn)

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Unicorns come in all flavours which is what makes this hobby fun. For as long as I can remember mine has been a turquoise Zaskar in a 16.

Even though I know many don’t consider a Zaskar a unicorn contender but for me it is for sure having been an owner of a BB one in 98 and pretty much owned one since.

It’s been a hard and long search for a suitable frame over 10 years easily. 16 isn’t even my size but I think they sit the best and to get a Aqua one in good condition is rare
I was offered a frame suitable about 2 years ago (early covid era ) but it was a good chunk of cash and at the time I was abroad for a while and not earning usual amounts so had to pass. I regretted it almost within the hour and the search continued for another couple of years.

Fast forward to last month when i received a response to a wanted advert on here.

The bike came as a mismatched spec and i knew in my head how I wanted it to turn out in the end so I’ve slowly collected a few parts on top of a few nice bits I had already.

Here’s the frame

3C3BAF32-E865-4D2F-B7B9-AAC780DA188F.jpeg 0C996FF2-1EAF-4F26-81B5-97DB89EC37E2.jpeg

Coincidentally not long after purchasing the 16 inch one , I managed to buy a 14.5 one too. Ideally I’d like to swap the 14.5 for a 18 inch one and the same condition so I can ride it but if not I’ll do a different build on that one (no it’s not for sale)

It’s also a very close serial number to my 16

B302FEEF-2125-472A-9D38-74DC29D753D1.jpeg 9C5AFCE6-C2D5-4B67-BC86-BC65FAA05379.jpeg

Forks were tricky for me to choose. 93/94 was before many forks I own.

Decided on a Manitou 4 to match colours a bit.

I’ve ended up with a nice 1 1/8 pair which needed a slight strip down and clean. 7F5FF3E5-F760-45F7-9B90-71BD7EC2B3BF.jpeg

And I’ve got another pair on route with a 1 inch steerer which I’ll try to sort for my 14.5 one possibly.

Lovely, your excitement is palpable.

Not that I'm judging, but how many zaskars do you own at the moment, roughly? (To the nearest 10 is fine :) )

They are like pokeman … gotta catch them all.

Actually I’ve culled quite a lot and each one now is different in colour or model if they are a complete bike. Trying hard to keep the builds different too. My plan is to have 1 of each colour in the end.

:cool: some of that kit is looking in good condition.

I know you said you were not selling the 14.5, but if you decide to part with the 16 then let me know :D

:cool: some of that kit is looking in good condition.

I know you said you were not selling the 14.5, but if you decide to part with the 16 then let me know :D

Yes it’s all nice stuff going on this one. Budget went out of the window a bit ago now

16 is my unicorn so won’t be for sale. 14.5 is technically rarer but it’s just tiny for me hence possibly doing a swap if one in my size (1:cool: came up.

Back