1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega build - my unicorn!

Re: Another one coming. Unicorn level Alpinestars...

Balance bikes for you then.

Click the Europa in my sig.

The History Man":2bx5fe9p said:
Balance bikes for you then.

Click the Europa in my sig.

Nah, Budgie.

Cool. :)

Re:

Jesus ....

we're three pages in and the frames not even arrived on these shores yet :LOL:

Re:

Well done for getting your unicorn mate :D
I'm sure you'll do it justice.

Jees Regan it wasn't even a year ago you joined with the one & only goal to build the one bike & ride it,
Now you're not far off owning the rights to Astars

Retrobike Fever class 1! :)

longun":2nrwx975 said:
Pulls up a chair awaiting pics
And what a cool little chair you have to pull up on! (After this Ti-Mega is built I'm gonna chop up the scrapper Al Mega frame and do one like yours! Just need to find some longboard offroad wheels that aren't megabucks!

Gruff":2nrwx975 said:
Well done for getting your unicorn mate :D
I'm sure you'll do it justice.
Thanks mate and I know you'll get yours soon enough ;) How crazy is it that I was only talking to you about it not more than a fortnight ago?! It's truly uncanny. I've no idea how many of these ever existed or remain but it's got to be a low number! This one is perfect and my size and I'm still feeling a bit dreamy at the prospect of owning it. It's like the absolute ultimate want - the one that was wowed over in the brochures and magazines as a kid, the truly unobtanium, unaffordable, never-in-a-million-years bike!

Tc":2nrwx975 said:
Jees Regan it wasn't even a year ago you joined with the one & only goal to build the one bike & ride it,
Now you're not far off owning the rights to Astars
Retrobike Fever class 1! :)
I know Tony, it's crazy to think how my world and my outlook towards it have changed in the past year! All the better thanks to this place and this crazy passion, keeping me in tune with some of the best years of my life, and rediscovering a passion and meeting likeminded folk!

Retro Spud":2nrwx975 said:
Jesus ....
we're three pages in and the frames not even arrived on these shores yet :LOL:
Yep, I like a bit of foreplay :LOL: I think my DX build was about 8 pages in before any work was done on it haha! Good things come to those who wait, and all that! :xmas-cool:

It's now en route from the USA and will hopefully clear customs and land within a fortnight. Cue huge duty and handling fees to come :evil:

Here it is, from the FS post. Looks amazing, can't wait to get the polishing mitt on it :cool:

Re: Re:

Tc":1f01eusy said:
:shock: I could put that on my wall like that!
I also thought the same to save the hassle and cost of stripping the A-M XTR and finding the T-M specific parts it'll need! I'm not starting anything until after Iconoclassic as I'm taking the AM XTR to that, as it deserves to be shown off. It'll then be stripped and may end up on the wall as a bare frame & fork itself! Best of both worlds! :D

Re:

Signing in as I am a A'star owner now too :)
A cracked Almega DX that is, but still some kind of unicorn, saw one when I was 16 in '91, riding my cheap Batavus.
Love to own a Ti once.

Back