Yetichaser’s White Spider

Yetichaser

Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
I bought this a couple of years ago to replqce a modern Ti bike that i’d previously used for commuting.

Unlike my Litespeed road bike, the Ti Charge didn’t seem like it was absorbing the road noise to the same degree and the bike felt uninspiring to ride.

As I already have a Dogs Bolx and enjoy the ride a decent steel frame provides, the search was on for another Roberts that I wouldn’t be too precious about.

This one came up on ebay; I liked the paint scheme (team colours I think that Dave Hemmings had?) and went to collect it.

The owner had owned it from new but no longer had use for it.
The spec was good being mainly XT, Middleburn and Pace but I made some changes to make it more suitable for commuting and weekend recreational riding with my children.

So…the RC30s came off and were replaced with a set of newly serviced RC35s, the Middleburn cranks came off and were replaced with and XT chainset, and the original wheels, built around XT hubs were sold to raise cash and on went a set of wheels on Bullseye hubs that I had lying around.

Likewise, the original brakes came off and on went a set of faded Maguras; on a cold wet day after work the suspension and reassurance from the brakes are very much welcomed.

Seat and seatpost were changed and an old set of Cook Bros skewers replaced the original Shimano items.

View attachment 825383View attachment 825384View attachment 825385View attachment 825386

Latest posts

Back