Worlds clothing, bad etiquette ?

minor_LEGEND":31wek9wb said:
........But you need muppets in Polka dot KOM jerseys, to reference yourself against & know that you arent looking that daft.

Suffice to say, I wouldn't do it.

Like this one you mean?

It was a long time ago....................... :roll:

And it was a 25 on the A1 - so not very hilly..................... :facepalm:

But it was EXTREMELY windy on the way out - but great coming back :D

Attachments

• Harrogate week 25 1986.jpg
    Harrogate week 25 1986.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 287
I like seeing old shots of people time trialling . You appreciate how much harder it is without aero stuff . Although , you do have a skinsuit .
I set our club 30 record in 2006 with aero wheels , helmet , skinsuit . It had been held for over 20 years without all the gear .
A local racer used to ride to an event , race , normally win , then ride home again . All on a steel road bike and throughout the '90s and early '00s . Thank god he did too , when he got a modern bike , it was a Joker !
The worse thing was , he was a really good bloke . If he was a nob we wouldn't have minded so much :LOL:

Mike

Mike Muz 67":1avyermi said:
I like seeing old shots of people time trialling . You appreciate how much harder it is without aero stuff . Although , you do have a skinsuit .
I set our club 30 record in 2006 with aero wheels , helmet , skinsuit . It had been held for over 20 years without all the gear .
A local racer used to ride to an event , race , normally win , then ride home again . All on a steel road bike and throughout the '90s and early '00s . Thank god he did too , when he got a modern bike , it was a Joker !
The worse thing was , he was a really good bloke . If he was a nob we wouldn't have minded so much :LOL:

Mike

Not a skin suit, just a well fitting jersey and shorts.

Easier to have a quick pee before the start......................... ;)

Sorry Ned , my mistake .
I used to just pull it out of the bottom of my shorts and go if I was desperate . Just had to make sure it wasn't aimed at your socks though :facepalm: :LOL:
Mike

I think wearing WC/yellow/giro pink/whatever is a no-no, as quite a few have said -if you haven't earned it, then you don't have the right to wear it. I'm less bothered about trade team tops, but don't wear them myself.

Someone said that the traditions and unwritten rules in cycling are nonsense (or words to that effect) - well that's complete BS if you ask me. What makes cycling (I mean racing, competition, pro cycling history, etc) so interesting are all the traditions and unwritten rules. When you learn about the history of the sport, about races, wins, losses, crashes, scandals, cheating, dramas, camaraderie, daring breakaways, what makes the peleton "tick", then you can understand it so much better. The sport of cycling would be nothing today without the traditions of the previous 100 years.

Which brings me back to not wearing the WC/yellow/pink/PD jersey... tradition. Some traditions came about through practicality and then died out (riding fixed all winter, for example), others through respect and they've stayed, and this is one of those. I'm 100% supportive of so many people taking up cycling, as it can only be a good thing for the sport, but do wish that people would learn about the history of it all too, because to me at least, that's just as important if not more so than actually riding a bike!

Donny Dee":qfuui1op said:
I like the geezers that wear yellow out for a Sunday whirl on their new carbon.
I like it too . . . when I go past them ;)
Happy New Year
Mike

Back