1993 KHS Montana Team

Re: Re:

Do you have the web address mate worth looking into

uote="ishay"]
racer x":qpqaelhk said:
Very nice looks so good it original spec. How did you find them ZOOm 130 bars. Rare as hens teeth :cool:

In the middle of building mine. Has some Montana decal damage on mine from storage. No sure how it happened. They are so fragile the paint and that on these teams

Retrodecals have Montana decals if you need to replace. I've bought them, they're perfect[/quote]

racer x":frnwhwbl said:
Very nice looks so good it original spec. How did you find them ZOOm 130 bars. Rare as hens teeth :cool:
In the middle of building mine. Has some Montana decal damage on mine from storage. No sure how it happened. They are so fragile the paint and that on these teams

Sure enough the bars took some finding, and I just happened to spot them on a bike someone was breaking on here :)
Decals have held up quite well on mine, as has the paint if I'm honest.
It'll be good to see another built-up :cool:

Re:

Managed to complete the 'race spec' build from the Nat Champs of '93 :cool:
Needed a few bits to complete the project; I've rebuilt the forks with fresh MCUs from johndeverill, and a steerer from robq88 (about 5mm longer than needed so I've added a spacer to the stack, so the front end is a little higher than needed - but suits me well now!).
Weight has gone up to just over 11.5kg / 25.4lbs :) 26.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

Amazing thread!! I never tire of seeing another Montana Team, I also raced a 1993 Team, such a good frame. I loved it. Sold it stupidly in about 1997 I think and regretted it for 20 years. Finally got another frameset, sourced the XTR and had it resprayed at Fatcreations.

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=373711

Attachments

• 20190201_100514-1062x848.jpg
    20190201_100514-1062x848.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 317

racer x":jzy039gl said:
Man looks so nice any more photos. I like the full race spec like you had it back in the day :cool:

Cheers dude :)
Got a few more pics - will upload when I get chance.
In fairness I’ll leave it built in race spec for now, though I'll take the Umma Gumma rear tyre off as I need that for another project. Oh and i suppose there’s no need to leave the number plate on either... :LOL:

Once A Hero":3n6dy4c2 said:
Managed to complete the 'race spec' build from the Nat Champs of '93 :cool:
Needed a few bits to complete the project; I've rebuilt the forks with fresh MCUs from johndeverill, and a steerer from robq88 (about 5mm longer than needed so I've added a spacer to the stack, so the front end is a little higher than needed - but suits me well now!).
Weight has gone up to just over 11.5kg / 25.4lbs :)

:cool: looks awesome, especially with the kit and race number :cool:

Back