Worlds clothing, bad etiquette ?

Woz":2edpslvo said:
clubby":2edpslvo said:
This whole thread reminds me why I prefer mountain bikes. Wear what you like , if only to pee off the pedants.

I've never seen an "average" MTBer wearing the WC rainbow jersey so why is that?

Is that standard protocol going on or are the jersey's just not trendy and baggy enough? :xmas-big-grin:

Or is white just a crap colour for MTB clothes?
Agree that there are bizarre clothing rules for MTB racing, but for ordinary riding who cares and that's what we are on about here.
The whole trade team kit does seem to affect the mamils, especially concerning Sky and before the Armstrong affair it was Trek. But if people are getting back on bikes then more power to them.
Does this attitude transfer to someone riding an ex race bike, when they obviously weren't part of the team?

I think in the end it depends on where you cut your cycling teeth. I get the point about respecting the effort, but it's not like anyone wearing a replica is going about trying to say they won it.

Oh and by the way, anyone quoting "the rules" is part of the reason cycling spent years as a minority sport and should be plagued by never ending punctures :)

jonnyboy666":77dnq12p said:
i don't think it's about being a pedant, imagine if you were out riding, wearing the world champs jersey and mark cavandish rode up along side you and said "what year is that from? where did you win it?"

also, imagine if you bumped into mike tyson while wearing a replica world champ belt, i'm sure he'd either punch you or bite your ear off!! :LOL:

for me it's just about respecting what the jersey represents, hard work and ability. (assuming no dope!)

:)

+1

Would you buy a fake gold medal and show your mates and crack on you beat bolt?

These jerseys are awarded to those who excell. Why would anyone want to wave around a trophy they have not earned.

It is nothing to do with roadie pedantry it's just respect.

Montello":vhwys1xk said:
jonnyboy666":vhwys1xk said:
i don't think it's about being a pedant, imagine if you were out riding, wearing the world champs jersey and mark cavandish rode up along side you and said "what year is that from? where did you win it?"

also, imagine if you bumped into mike tyson while wearing a replica world champ belt, i'm sure he'd either punch you or bite your ear off!! :LOL:

for me it's just about respecting what the jersey represents, hard work and ability. (assuming no dope!)

:)

Would you buy a fake gold medal and show your mates and crack on you beat bolt?

These jerseys are awarded to those who excell. Why would anyone want to wave around a trophy they have not earned.

It is nothing to do with roadie pedantry it's just respect.

i think you misunderstand, my above comment was a response to user Clubby saying other people were pedants. and you must have misunderstood my tone as you say exactly what i said but in a different way ;)

I don't think people mind,I rode with rainbow stripe jersey in Brighton and a lot of the chaps there were most welcoming.
In reality I can understand both points of view but surely it is each riders choice and we can be allowed to disagree but not allowed to judge.

........But you need muppets in Polka dot KOM jerseys, to reference yourself against & know that you arent looking that daft.

Suffice to say, I wouldn't do it.

kamakazerider":1cog8zrp said:
I don't think people mind,I rode with rainbow stripe jersey in Brighton and a lot of the chaps there were most welcoming.
In reality I can understand both points of view but surely it is each riders choice and we can be allowed to disagree but not allowed to judge.

Good for you! :D

Back