YETI C-26 TEAM HOMAGE (REPLICA)

mkozaczek

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Re:

The seatpost on the proto was custom made for that bike.

The build was standard M730 XT with Bullseye hubs and cranks, Fisher headset, custom FTW stem, and blue Taperlite. Some Other small details but nothing earth shattering.

regan_ev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Re: Re:

mkozaczek":18csh62k said:
The seatpost on the proto was custom made for that bike.

The build was standard M730 XT with Bullseye hubs and cranks, Fisher headset, custom FTW stem, and blue Taperlite. Some Other small details but nothing earth shattering.
Thanks Martin. You say "Fisher headset" but wasn't it made by Chris King, in the Fisher Evolution size? I have an identical one, silver, no logo.
Seat post: I think I read that on your blog before, thanks for the reminder.
I thought it was Campy though, so, again, thanks for clarification. I'm keen to get my Evo (or should I say Devo?) build done soon.
The FTW aluminum stem is out of my reach though. Even if I wanted Frank to make one I don't know if I want to wait that long. Do you know if a standard quill adapter was used? Or did the fork have an extended steerer?

EDIT: just found this very photo of the proto, in MBA May 89, which looks to have an XT seatpost, so the seatpost was changed presumably for weight savings? Still, it's a great looking bike. I presume those wheels are the superlight ticket items!

Attachments

• IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 243

DrGooGoo

Old School Hero
Though this is an old thread, I must comment that this is one of the most inspiring and amazing builds!
I'm a newbie here--joined RetroBike last year and just catching up :)
The attention to detail is truly spectacular!
I'm sure that Tomac and Furtado would be proud!

pw_pw_la

Senior Retro Guru
When this thread first appeared I enjoyed reading every minute of it from start to finish.

And now it's been bumped I just redid it front-to-back again.

And I can honestly say it was a good use of my Sunday!

What else is there to say about this epic bike and build?

I guess we could ask how Version 2.0 is coming along?