Whats selling like now on ebay ?.

Almost. I can tell that you’re paying attention. 🫣

What I’m saying is that if a buyer damages something they’ve bought, if eBay want to side with the buyer, then they should do that with their own money not mine.

A bit like the TV I bought and when
I took it back to Curry’s as I’d put my foot through it they told me to f*ck off.

Hopefully we’re on the same page now. 😀

ok, i can see this is getting a bit pointless now.

But as i leave i would like to point out that yes, if you had ordered the TV online and you claimed it was broken upon delivery, then they do have to refund you in accordance with the DSR! even if they refuse which legally they cant, you can claim a chargeback or you will have section 75 cover, or to go round almost full circle, goods not as described through PP, all for the protection of the buyer.

Yeah mate. Now let’s say I’d had the TV a couple of weeks and had been watching it and put my foot through it accidentally (or on purpose) and then decided to take it back ?

“Pointless” I can agree with.

Whilst this is healthy debate, sadly you are always going to get unscrupulous buyers and indeed sellers..eBay controls can’t always counter outright crooks. One reassuring thing is that usually you are dealing with fellow cyclists who by and large are decent human beings.
One thing I do is for certain items where you can never really guarantee they will work properly is list them as ‘For Spares or parts not working’ eg Any Sti brake/gear combo ..even if i know it was working perfectly. Come back by the buyer is then limited.

Whilst this is healthy debate, sadly you are always going to get unscrupulous buyers and indeed sellers..eBay controls can’t always counter outright crooks. One reassuring thing is that usually you are dealing with fellow cyclists who by and large are decent human beings.
One thing I do is for certain items where you can never really guarantee they will work properly is list them as ‘For Spares or parts not working’ eg Any Sti brake/gear combo ..even if i know it was working perfectly. Come back by the buyer is then limited.
Some of my best sales on eBay have been stuff listed as spares or repair. I’ve sold broken TVs, GHD straighteners, lawnmowers, loads of stuff that was being chucked out by the family that would have filled up the wheelie bin! I think my best sale was 250 paving slabs that I would have to lift/move and skip that someone paid £125 for the privilege of removing from my garden!

I’ve probably done something like 750 sales over the years on there and probably only had 5 or so problems.

Signed up to the new scheme eventually, and got immediately racked off with the morons running the show.

They won't let me list more than three items up to a $200 limit, and they don't care about my previous selling ratings, volume and 100% feedback.

I take a video of all shifters/ sti clicking though the gears as I package them with the buyers name in the background to prove. It’s the number 1 item that folks say isn’t working as pictures don’t show anything if broken. Amazingly once I tell them I have a video they disappear …… and not just on eBay too

Back