Who else is fed up with EBay fees and withholding payments?

It's a shame that buying and selling has come to this. In ye olde days you advertised something for sale and people would come round and buy it. Due to the facelessness of the internet people are screwing other people over. So having those precautions in place are a good idea. You can never eradicate it totally, it's purely damage limitation.
Same goes for buying and selling on here. Always do your due diligence, and people do, and people still get scammed. I hear it all the time in the other groups I am in for other hobbies and interests I have.

In the old days, you'd advertise your 1996 Deore XT rear mech in the window of your local village shop, and....crickets....

Now providing the price is right, there's a good chance you'll sell it before the end of the day.

It's a shame that buying and selling has come to this. In ye olde days you advertised something for sale and people would come round and buy it. Due to the facelessness of the internet people are screwing other people over. So having those precautions in place are a good idea. You can never eradicate it totally, it's purely damage limitation.
Same goes for buying and selling on here. Always do your due diligence, and people do, and people still get scammed. I hear it all the time in the other groups I am in for other hobbies and interests I have.

This is it, distance buying is always going to present problems/opportunities for sellers and buyers. Buying face to face is still the best option, though there are still plenty of fake notes floating about. Like @d8mok said above, money and greed breed scammers.

This is it, distance buying is always going to present problems/opportunities for sellers and buyers. Buying face to face is still the best option, though there are still plenty of fake notes floating about. Like @d8mok said above, money and greed breed scammers.
I'll always do face to face, unless it is too far away. I have delivered bikes and frames to people and been to collect bikes and frames from people.
Longest journey to date is an 8 hour round trip.

I'll always do face to face, unless it is too far away. I have delivered bikes and frames to people and been to collect bikes and frames from people.
Longest journey to date is an 8 hour round trip.
I flew to the Netherlands to pick a bike up after Brexit. It was an expensive bike so worked out much cheaper to buy it there, no import duties and was an excuse for a "weekend break" 😁

What else makes my blood boil is when they auto list an item that hasn't sold. I love it when it says post item now. And it's 10.30 pm. I'll just wake up the post office and give it to them. No wonder there are other selling sites out on the web.

Since when does ebay charge their commission fee on the shipping?
I wish more people knew about this. It's sneaky (and wrong).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 00-44-48 Seller Hub Transaction details eBay.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 00-44-48 Seller Hub Transaction details eBay.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 15
Since when does ebay charge their commission fee on the shipping?
I wish more people knew about this. It's sneaky (and wrong).
Since quite a long time ago I believe. It’s to stop people advertising something for a small amount, but asking a high amount for shipping, thinking that way they’ll avoid incurring fees but get the price they really want for the item.

Last edited:
What else makes my blood boil is when they auto list an item that hasn't sold. I love it when it says post item now. And it's 10.30 pm. I'll just wake up the post office and give it to them. No wonder there are other selling sites out on the web.
All changeable in your account settings.

Back