Whats selling like now on ebay ?.

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I've a pile of Hope bits, little interest here really and meaning to put them on ebay for the greater audience.
But their changes to their own payment system, dodgy buyers seemingly being more prevalent is kind of making me worry, maybe more than it should.
Am i forced to use their payment system, or can i still specify paypal only ?.

I'm not new to ebay, i've had an account since 2007 and have 100% positive feedback of over 1000, but i haven't listed anything for a couple of years and their constant 'Agreement updates' are kind of putting me off a bit.

I feel like a complete noob now with nerves about listing my tat.

Hmmm I've not listed for a little while so am signing in for updates. The last thing I was aware of was that the Paypal payment was going straight to your bank account (less fees), rather than into your Paypal account but it sounds like things might have changed again since then.

It's fine, don't worry, the money just goes straight to your bank via them although it takes a day or two. Still easy enough to pay with PayPal.

Just wait for a cheap listing weekend though as fees are silly.

I believe ebay aren't dealing with PayPal for payments anymore. Payments go direct into your bank account, usually pretty quick (a day or so)

Ebays cut is pretty similar. Whereas before it was ebay 10, PayPal 4/5 percent... Now there's no PayPal fee but eBay take 13.1 or something like that

Or every now and then they offer 1 pound fees, or 80 percent fees (80 percent of that 13)

Ah here we go... 12.8 percent supposedly

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've not sold on eBay for years but feel the need to clear more life clutter soon...does the eBay pay system work like goods and services on PayPal where it's showing in your account but with a hold on it? Find that a bit icky...

Pretty much. Once the buyer pays, ebay takes the fees off straightaway and sends the payout to the bank. Within a day or so the ebay will notify saying its sent the payout, all fees subtracted. Whether it's different if someone hasn't used it for a while I don't know... But it's pretty quick for me

does the eBay pay system work like goods and services on PayPal where it's showing in your account but with a hold on it? Find that a bit icky...

See thats what I dont know. I'd heard that it would say you'd been paid, but the reality was you werent really. Of course i havent been able to check that out so thats part of the not knowing the current score with them.

As Mickey says, you get notified when payment is made then again when the money goes to your account. Don't think there's a portal like PP to check on the status? It's all pretty trouble free tbf.

Back