Rocky mountain. Which should (can) I choose?

My inbeam lenght is around 80-81cmt, I'm short leged for my 1,82 cmt. According calculators I need 18,2" aprox. I had many years a Alpinestars 20,5" and Tt almost touch my "ba**s" and I always felt too long, in dpire it is 585mm lenght only fir a 20,5". I think I will go to 18'5".

A top tube should touch your balls!

Ever so slightly.

I'd wait for exactly what you really want, or close to it. And go from there.

I personally prefer a frame a little too big than too small now. I didn't used to. But we're only getting older.

And as Prodigla said, fit trumps all.

Or nearly all!

If you are ever in need of a 1 1/8" Syncros fork for whatever you pick I will have one available for sale shortly.

A top tube should touch your balls!

Ever so slightly.

I'd wait for exactly what you really want, or close to it. And go from there.

I personally prefer a frame a little too big than too small now. I didn't used to. But we're only getting older.

And as Prodigla said, fit trumps all.

Or nearly all!

If you are ever in need of a 1 1/8" Syncros fork for whatever you pick I will have one available for sale shortly.
Thank you @pw_pw_la but i prefer a Mag21 here.

It's not my size, but I foun d this nice Stratos also at a reasonable price, 450 €, almost as catalog.
32611fa2-1b7e-40b5-858c-3f1f4c4e052c

ab1cc29c-d2d7-4ce8-a791-93a6d6bfd9fb

In the end I did it. I couldn't resist. I bought the 1995 Altitude. Why?
- It's new, not repainted, impolute.
- Its my size, 19,5" with the slooping, perfect for my 1,82mt.
- The rare seat clamp is included.
- Bb is included, and a headset, not the original.
- I got a nice price reduction so the price was near 475€+ shiping and no customs (German). Sorry but Uk is getting complicated gor me.
My plan is installing a Mag21, and Syncros stem/seatpost. Do you think silver ones will match well? Maybe silver seatpost and black stem because of the colors of the frame. And full XTR M900. Maybe RF crankset if I find one.
Any suggestions for wheels? I have a vantage comp with DX from my Almega at the moment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230410-233411__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20230410-233411__01.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20230410-233523__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20230410-233523__01.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 21
In the end I did it. I couldn't resist. I bought the 1995 Altitude. Why?
- It's new, not repainted, impolute.
- Its my size, 19,5" with the slooping, perfect for my 1,82mt.
- The rare seat clamp is included.
- Bb is included, and a headset, not the original.
- I got a nice price reduction so the price was near 475€+ shiping and no customs (German). Sorry but Uk is getting complicated gor me.
My plan is installing a Mag21, and Syncros stem/seatpost. Do you think silver ones will match well? Maybe silver seatpost and black stem because of the colors of the frame. And full XTR M900. Maybe RF crankset if I find one.
Any suggestions for wheels? I have a vantage comp with DX from my Almega at the moment.

Well done, and not a bad price in the end. Good to see it has its chain suck plate too.

You should start a post for it in the thread below, and looking forward to seeing more pictures of the frame and build :cool:

I need advice from the Rocky Mountain gurus. I will start a new thread of my build, but first I want to receive my frame.
I want to install a Mag21 fork. Which one will look better? A Typical "gold" color, a "silver judy color" Mag 21 which match the rear, similar to catalog color, or directly a Judy XC one? Any other ideas? My dream would be a Mag21 SL, but I don't know where to find one.
somos_historia_rockshox_mag_21_3.jpg
mag-21-93-2-1.jpg

screenshot_20230410-233411__01-jpg.729474

Latest posts

Back