Rocky mountain. Which should (can) I choose?

Most of us have been down that road. Some guys have waited years to find their right frame in the right condition. You have the luxury of waiting for 'perfect' because you're not searching for something too obscure.

The example on Tutti is nice, but I have seen those sell for less than 1,000 Francs and a few given away due to busted cables and flat tires where the owner cant be assed dealing with repairs on an old bike.

Of course what you do and want is entirely up to you!
Thank you everybody. I'm used to do all maintenance on the bike. The only thing I don't do at the moment is fork internals (when susp), I can deal with all the rest. What a pitty to give away some bike for this tinny deteils! And now I've a Daily carbon Trail bike, and my Vintage Almega DX ( there is a post). I don't need this one anytime soon. I want it as a hobby, to delight everytime I go to the garage. I will push with prices and in some weeks we'll see. It depends on their patience ( and mine).

And what do you think about this? 400$. But not in perfect condition.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230405-224705.jpg
    Screenshot_20230405-224705.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 28
Will it accept a Mag21 well? Or its s sacrilege. Utopic to find a Syncros fork here....

It's a 1992 frame so never came with a Syncros fork, in fact very few RMs used a Syncros fork.

Actually came with MAG30s, so yes any MAG will be great.
Looks to be 18.5"?

As a side, you'll need a 27.0 seatpost.

Yes. Its a 18,5". Enough for me at 1,80mt. I prefer shorter bikes. I have a 27,2 silver Syncros seatpost.... And a silver cattleprod stem. And here i will need black, don't you think?

Yes. Its a 18,5". Enough for me at 1,80mt. I prefer shorter bikes. I have a 27,2 silver Syncros seatpost.... And a silver cattleprod stem. And here i will need black, don't you think?

Its your bike, you can put whatever parts you want on it ;)

And I am sure yesterday you said you needed a 19.5 and not an 18.5? :)

I'm ~5'10" and find 18.5" too small really. I have two (three?) a 93 Altitude and 92 Fusion, both are tiny and cramped.
I forget what size the Stratos is.

My 91 Altitude is 20" and my size.
It also wears silver.

My back doesn't mind a 19.5 or 20", my back hates the smaller bikes. 😂

So it is each to their own on fit and style.

Back