Rocky mountain. Which should (can) I choose?

What @mk one said
If you don't get your Altitude or whatever straight away - get another frame and build it as per how you'd kinda want the Altitude - an just transfer the kit over.
Yes, it's an option, but Seatpost casn change. I'll think about it next days. I have an altitude under surveillance and we'll see. Or the equipe. And even a Vertex 1994, but In grey, which I don't like very mych, and decals are damaged.

Yes, it's an option, but Seatpost casn change.

Really - I wondered why I had to do up the seatpost bolt so tight it's now cracked :rolleyes:

Given that RM tended to fit Syncros bits and RaceFace cranks - default build kit - it's not too hard to buy a whatever Syncros post for the frame you get and keep your eyes out for a 27.2 post until such time as you get the frame you really want.

MOst important is getting a frame/ stem/ bars structure that fits you perfectly. It doesn´t matter how right is the tubing or rare the components when the fit is off. A humble bike w/ middle of the road components, that fits it´s rider perfectly, is a thing of beauty; the connection shows. It´s the soul of the ride. That´s the unicorn we chase.

MOst important is getting a frame/ stem/ bars structure that fits you perfectly. It doesn´t matter how right is the tubing or rare the components when the fit is off. A humble bike w/ middle of the road components, that fits it´s rider perfectly, is a thing of beauty; the connection shows. It´s the soul of the ride. That´s the unicorn we chase.
No real way to tell the difference between tubesets unless we are talking ultralight stuff anyway. Wheels and tyres have a lot more to do with the quality of the ride than tubeset, can make a 4130 frame ride like a dream with the right setup. I agree that bars, stem optimised to your preferred style of riding is very critical. And a comfy saddle.

No real way to tell the difference between tubesets unless we are talking ultralight stuff anyway. Wheels and tyres have a lot more to do with the quality of the ride than tubeset, can make a 4130 frame ride like a dream with the right setup. I agree that bars, stem optimised to your preferred style of riding is very critical. And a comfy saddle.
I'm used now to a wide 720 handlebar and a 60 mm stem, with +15º, what I don't see in a nice 90's bike. I would destroy it. I want a 140mm stem with a regular 450 handlebar in espite of not being my best setup for my riding style.
It was my thought at some moment. Difference betwen an Equipe/Blizzard vs an Altitude is 350 gr. Seems a lot, but in fact is not that much. And I'm not compteting with it. Only want a nice bike.
Anyone knows the FD dimension in an steel frame like Altitude, Blizzard or Equipe? 28,6mm?

The steels are all the smallest band so 28.6.
Headset are 1-1/8"
Seatpost do vary 27.0, then 27.2 depending on year
But you may see others, I can't remember

'93 catalogue gives seatpost sizes - haven't looked at other years for the same info as I have a '93 :)

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 17.50.45.png

Back