my KHS Montana Comp

Beatiful Comp!

Now I see why they got away from the guitar style cable routing on the top tube. Makes for an odd bend for rear V-brake cables.

I still really like the guitar style though. Might have to trade my 1997 Comp in for something a little older.

I'm resurrecting this thread, looking for ideas and inspiration!

No pics at the moment, but this is currently single speed with riser bars and a kiddie seat on theback :oops:

I'm very seriously thinking about selling my parkpre and sticking with just this one. I don't ride much, especially off road, need space, and while very fond of the parkpre, I'm even more attached to this one.

I have some maguras, thumbies... Should I go sus or rigid on the front? I'm thinking rigid, but would be interested to know if a 45 or 50mm mag21 or similar would make it better, or make no noticeable difference at all...

Opinions of any kind are welcome!

Anyone want a parkpre pro elite?

Your bike looks amazingly neat but unfortunately i couldn't comment on the mags as i don't have any experience with them but i honestly enjoy rigid forks as they seem to have enough give in the metal for road use and country lanes but if i had the funds then i'd be looking round for a decent pair of Carbon fibre forks because their just as strong as steel but soak up the bumps better which helps reduce the feeling of fatigue in the hands when riding but at the end of the day it's all down to personal taste and experience ..

Re:

I have a bit of a thing for KHS bikes. I've currently got both a comp and team from 93 and 94. Out of the four bikes my favorite is the '94 comp, despite it being the heaviest.

Given the massive personal history you have with the bike I'd say you should do whatever you want with it, as long as you keep using it. Just keep anything big that you take off in case you change your mind later. A sus fork might just be the next chapter in it's history.

It's been a while, but I'm thinking about this one again... While N+1 is all very good, I now have too many bikes for the space available, with more projects on the go, so something needs to give. With a view to selling the parkpre, I'd like to update the KHS - probably add maguras, 2x10 (have been trying 1x10 on the parkpre but not sure I'm convinced, but I'm very convinced by clutch rear mechs!), and maybe a suspension fork, which is what I'm stuck on

would need to be 1", could be either threaded or ahead, probably something like a pace...

anyone any ideas?

Funny how yours had ended up black with no decals like mine did. Manitou Answers came in 1" threaded, I've just picked up a pair for my P7 build. I toyed with putting them on the KHS but I've taken that back to catalogue spec.

yours turned out really well! how fluo is the pink in real life? looks a little faded in the pics

Re:

Maybe you meant the pictures before the clear coat. The spray.bike fluros are a little course as a base coat and only pop when the clear coat goes on. All good...

Attachments

• 2B8E8E6E-DAAF-4EAA-B3BD-15F32C10DB1A.jpeg
    2B8E8E6E-DAAF-4EAA-B3BD-15F32C10DB1A.jpeg
    997.8 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
Back