Dental Karma

Dental Spa just arrived, Thank you Simon.
I'll run a couple of trials later, a quick muc-off test first I think... don't want to get too agresive with the plastic.

I've had an aldi one for years but just ordered some Evaporust. Having seen Peachy's work on here I reckon it must be good stuff.

Got mine too, thanks man! Have a couple of headsets I'd like to run through it, I might wait for Peachy! to update as to the best solution to use in it first though...

Here we go, TEST 1

First off, I wanted to clean something that I find difficult or boring…. The two things I came up with are;
1. The chain (a super deep clean not just a run through one of those worst off type scrubbing machines)
2. The rear mech (without a complete strip down)

Thought I'd start with the one I’m most bored of cleaning, namely the chain… could one fit in this little box? Well yes, just.

This chain is off of Our Jimmy’s Marin (Ex Splatterpaints MM ride) nothing wrong with the chain and as we’re keeping the same cassette we may as well use it, but it could do with a bit of a freshen up.

This chain had been soaking in petrol and was about as clean as I could be arsed with, so I just wanted to see if we could get anymore out of the nooks & cranny’s..
First up, standard Muc-Off

Some evidence of cleaning….

Quick rinse then Muc-Off Drivetrain cleaner

Ah, now that’s more like it.

But still want more, so in goes the Evapo-rust, this really doesn’t need ultrasonic to help it work, but always performs best when the componant is clean.

let’s see tomorrow what it’s done.

Tomorrow’s TEST 2 will be on a rear mech (mainly the pantograph part that is awkward to hold open and clean inside.

Attachments

• IMG_4520.JPG
    IMG_4520.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4521.JPG
    IMG_4521.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4522.JPG
    IMG_4522.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4532.JPG
    IMG_4532.JPG