This is a fabulous bike; Marin have always been my favourite retro brand and the black components look fantastic against the titanium frame

At last! ...finally, after a seach of about 1,5 years I can announce to start another MARIN dream build-up. Now, since I already have 2x 1993 "Team Issue" 2x 1993 "Pine F.R.S" and 3x 1994 "Team F.R.S" in my stable I was always aiming at a beautiful "Team Titanium". An absolute must for me personally was the version with the blasted matte front and back areas.

Thank You to super friendly and nice forum member Matttyymm from whom I bought this beautiful frame. The previous owner had the frame equipped with earlier decal versions. These will all be removed and build up again to my personal preferences.

But before that: Lets just take out some of the boxes that I call "Premium parts" in my storage and workshop and take out some initial and possible build-up components first:

...To be continued!

[update 20-03-22 - the very latest (full) picture of the bike]

View attachment 723147

Start of build back in December 2022:

View attachment 688504

View attachment 688512

View attachment 688505

View attachment 688506

View attachment 688507

View attachment 688508

View attachment 688509

View attachment 688510
I'm looking at a team titanium at the moment but unsure if it is, does the 4801 mean its the titanium version?

So far, we dont know if yours is a Team Titanium at all. Please make a new post for identification. With more pictures of the rear drop outs, the serial number and the brake cable bosses (positions).

So far, I can not assign the relatively long and far front positioned cable bosses of the bike you show to a certain Team Titanium build year.

My Litespeed frame has the rear brake cable routing on the non drive side on the top tube. Yours here is on the drive side. Rear dropouts are also flat machined. Yours are raised like a Marin.

So far, we dont know if yours is a Team Titanium at all. Please make a new post for identification. With more pictures of the rear drop outs, the serial number and the brake cable bosses (positions).

So far, I can not assign the relatively long and far front positioned cable bosses of the bike you show to a certain Team Titanium build year.
i dont own it yet, these are all the pictures i have

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpeg
    s-l1600.jpeg
    665.4 KB · Views: 32
  • s-l1600g.jpeg
    s-l1600g.jpeg
    642 KB · Views: 30
  • s-l1600gf.jpeg
    s-l1600gf.jpeg
    596.3 KB · Views: 30
Back