And on it goes!

I forgot to say, that I also manufactured a new "noodle" for the Syncros stem since it was broken off when the stem came here. I took a long M6 drill, drilled out the aluminium tube from the front to back and bent a new steel pipe 6mm OD x 4mm ID and glued it back into the aluminium tube with Loctite. Then I just airbrushed the pipe back to black and also put on 3 coats of clear. Afterwards, I just gave it a polish and some fresh decals and it was good to go again:

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel Germany 73.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel Germany 74.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel Germany 75.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel Germany 76.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel Germany 77.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, the matching early 90s SYNCROS bars with aluminium shim got a nice new pair of my SYNCROS banderoles. I just love them! Theyre so beautifully ugly retro with the shim and so on ... I think I collected about 5 or 6 of those already.

All these SYNCROS decals (for Powerlite fork, Revolution cranks, stems, seat posts, hubs, bar-ends, etc.) are available from me! Just drop me a PM.

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel Germany 78.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel Germany 79.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel Germany 80.jpeg

Hey peeps...

Here is the current status (before I cared for the handle-bar stickers).

...next up is the full group set (SHIMANO XTR M900) and the Ringle skewers, the Ringle Mojo hangers during setting up the brakes and stuff. Stay tuned! :) This bike-build is goind to be finished very soon.

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel Germany 81.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel Germany 82.jpeg

Latest posts

Back